Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which State?
Texas 142 52.99%
New York State 126 47.01%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 03:22 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,591,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Again, my point is more about options than picking apples.

Also, I guess the Adirondacks, the Finger Lakes, Niagara Falls, the Catskills, the Baseball Hall of Fame, the Boxing Hall of Fame, the 1000 Islands, Saratoga Springs and many tourist towns, among other things are boring too. You guys decide: I LOVE NEW YORK - The Official New York State Tourism Website
I lived on Long Island for over 20 years. I have travelled extensively Upstate. You can get just about anything you want in New York STATE.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:24 PM

Default How about Skiing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesNightmare View Post
dude are u serious? picking apples? who does that ...sounds like a snooze-fest, i'll pass
How does Texas compare with that?

Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
water skiing....

Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,473,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
I was replying to a different comment from that other guy which made no sense at all.
Er...

This:
Quote:
well, last time I checked Texas didn't have Niagara Falls.
...was in response to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
^^^ And Texas doesn't? BTW, New York's most outspoken poster hasn't been to Texas, yet she "bashes" it constantly.
(I also want to say that I didn't vote because I couldn't make a fair comparison. Residents of both states are making ridiculous statements.)
...which was in response to this:
Quote:
Lol. Nothing to compare. Another comment from somebody that obviously has never been to NY. NY has mountains, wineries, the falls, unique cities which make it great.
I agree that makes no sense. My nonsensical comparison was pointing out your non sequiter. You see, Westerner92 didn't suggest Texas has Niagara Falls, yet you brought that up to suggest New York State is better than Texas. Obviously, logic doesn't follow and lead to your conclusion. Texas does have waterfalls, but it doesn't have Niagara. Therefore, in your opinion, New York is better. Well, by that same logic, the location of Victoria Falls must be better than New York since Victoria Falls makes Niagara Falls look puny in comparison. Right? Or am I missing a piece of your logical puzzle?

Quote:
We pick strawberries and blueberries. Let's not compare apples and... er... strawberries.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:39 PM

Default I was referring to snow skiing upstate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
water skiing....
but you can certainly water ski on LI.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:40 PM

Default I have picked strawberries

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
Er...

This:

...was in response to this:

...which was in response to this:

I agree that makes no sense. My nonsensical comparison was pointing out your non sequiter. You see, Westerner92 didn't suggest Texas has Niagara Falls, yet you brought that up to suggest New York State is better than Texas. Obviously, logic doesn't follow and lead to your conclusion. Texas does have waterfalls, but it doesn't have Niagara. Therefore, in your opinion, New York is better. Well, by that same logic, the location of Victoria Falls must be better than New York since Victoria Falls makes Niagara Falls look puny in comparison. Right? Or am I missing a piece of your logical puzzle?

We pick strawberries and blueberries. Let's not compare apples and... er... strawberries.
on the east end farms on LI and wild blueberries upstate.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
but you can certainly water ski on LI.
Yes, but it's better in Texas.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:44 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,131,212 times
based on those criteria, definitely NY

the whole state is just so varied

you have the beaches of LI, a ton of lakes, great wineries, rolling hills, ski resorts, a variety of water falls (including niagara falls), moutain ranges (andirondack park is massive), gorges and places like letchworth state park (grand canyon of the east)

NYS has a lot of faults, but topography, food and variety of locations are definitely not amongst them

aside from the ethnic restaurants you have in NYC, you have a lot of regional foods upstate and a lot of what is considered soul food is just good home country cooking

i don't get into a lot of the state vs state stuff, but as far as variety NY blows TX away - I would also take places like CA, Utah and AZ as being pretty impressive in those regards

Old 05-19-2009, 03:49 PM

Default Too many people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

you have the beaches of LI, a ton of lakes, great wineries, rolling hills, ski resorts, a variety of water falls (including niagara falls), moutain ranges (andirondack park is massive), gorges and places like letchworth state park (grand canyon of the east)

NYS has a lot of faults, but topography, food and variety of locations are definitely not amongst them

aside from the ethnic restaurants you have in NYC, you have a lot of regional foods upstate and a lot of what is considered soul food is just good home country cooking

i don't get into a lot of the state vs state stuff, but as far as variety NY blows TX away - I would also take places like CA, Utah and AZ as being pretty impressive in those regards
think the entire state of New York is nothing but New York City. You go 30 miles outside of the city and everything changes. 50 miles you would think you are in another world.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

Now lets not get carried away. Your entitled to your opinion, but NY does NOT blow TX away. People just ignore the beauty of Texas and only target the negatives. The only thing NY has over us is skiing and waterfalls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City