Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 08:22 PM

7,268 posts, read 10,583,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
One thing Pennsylvania and Florida have in common is the political atmosphere. They're both the same breed of "swing state." Unlike Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin, which are swing states because almost everybody is politically moderate, Pennsylvania and Florida are swing states because they're political and ideological cluster****s, with people scattered all across the political spectrum from one extreme to the other.
Eh, I don't necessarily agree with that. I think even in terms of politics, Florida seems to have more extremes than PA. Especially in terms of political self-identification, PA comes off as more moderate than most (based on "net conservative" identification).

Political Ideology: "Conservative" Label Prevails in the South
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 03:48 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstiltner View Post
I myself have lived in both new england and florida, Both areas have there benefits but in my opinion new england is far better. Education is better, the seasons are better, over all family raising appeal is better. If you live in florida you realize that going to the beach doesnt happen very often, cause its always an option. When you live up north where it gets cold once summer hits, going to the beach is much more fun because its sort of a treat. Nearly every new englander that has made there way down here talks about missing it and wanting to move back. If i could count the times i have heard... "the air is so much cleaner up north" or " the food is so much better" or those type of comments i would have the best memory on the planet. Im a hairstylist and get to hear from many different people weekly from all areas of the united states and abroad. People down here are just strange, rude, cant drive, and all to often too judgemental. So if you are trying to decide which is better i would totally pick PA over FL anyday.
Why do they keep moving down there if they hate it so much? They'd do the citizens a great service if they merely vacationed instead of permanently resided down there.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:12 AM

896 posts, read 1,168,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Why do they keep moving down there if they hate it so much? They'd do the citizens a great service if they merely vacationed instead of permanently resided down there.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:32 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,725,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Why do they keep moving down there if they hate it so much?
It's not like they hate it but move anyway; it's just that they say "I GOTSTA GET OUT OF TEH SNOWZ!!!!!!!!!1" and then they move, and then it dawns on them that there's a lot of stuff that they miss back home -- and then they say "I CANT MOOVE BACK CUZ OF TEH SNOWZ!!!!!!!!!1"

Old 01-16-2012, 04:34 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,725,360 times

Nice and fluffy-looking. Adds variety to the weather.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:09 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,922,186 times
Quote:
It's not like they hate it but move anyway; it's just that they say "I GOTSTA GET OUT OF TEH SNOWZ!!!!!!!!!1" and then they move, and then it dawns on them that there's a lot of stuff that they miss back home -- and then they say "I CANT MOOVE BACK CUZ OF TEH SNOWZ!!!!!!!!!1"
True. It's not like they just say "I hate it down there, but I'll move anyway". They realize all the problems that entail living in Florida, and miss home. But that snow(especially the photos that CaliSon posted) is no joke. That would prompt me to move also.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:57 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,631,470 times
Never mind

Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,631,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstiltner View Post
I myself have lived in both new england and florida, Both areas have there benefits but in my opinion new england is far better. i would totally pick PA over FL anyday.
I eliminated the ########. Of all my friends that have moved to Florida from NY, not one has left to return to NY or anywhere up north, I doubt that there is that much of a difference between New Englanders and NYer's to make one whole group want to leave and the other want to stay. The population still keeps going up and in-migration is still outpacing out-migration.

Yes, some people leave because they don't like it, whether they be from the mid-west, NY, New England but when you start saying everyone or "nearly every" yet the population still grows it just makes your statement look silly.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:47 AM

74 posts, read 275,009 times
Although I have never been to Pennsylvania except for one skiing trip, I have lived in Florida and New York.

I absolutely hate Florida so I will vote PA as being better
Come on, you can actually have SEASONS and the people are friendlier up north
than they are in the craphole that is South Florida where I live. I wouldn't call the
people here humble at all.

Who wants to be in constant heat all year round?

Not to mention the education system in Florida is horrible, the Northeast of America has a better education system by far.

Look, there are some cool places in Florida I'm sure, but I'm in South Florida and I find absolutely nothing enjoyable about Fort Lauderdale/Miami/West Palm Beach.
I think if I moved to Sarasota, Melbourne, or any other area of Florida but more north, I would've liked it better. But I'd still say PA is better.

Last edited by RupertrepuR; 01-16-2012 at 07:57 AM..

Old 01-16-2012, 07:49 AM

74 posts, read 275,009 times
Quote:
Well I moved when I was 14 because my family wanted to move here, it wasn't my choice by any means. Thankfully my wife and I will be moving back to NY (she's from NY also ) soon. Couldn't be happier to get back up north. And we both will welcome the snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City