Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:24 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
The northeast has the best Italian food. And AWESOME carribean cuisine. But the southeast has Mexican, Carribean, Soul Food, and all sorts of good home-cooked cuisine. Evertime im down in florida, my grandmother makes me some good carribean-haitian food. Rice, sauce, pork, and fried plantain. And when I go back to TX im gonna have some AWSOME Mexican cuisine.
I want to go to San Antonio to get my hands on some of the mexican food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 12:25 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Thanks. When the people in the south walk up to someone and say "i can tell that you are not from here. You must be a yankee."

That is what people have dont to me here
Yeah, that is pretty rude.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I want to go to San Anotonio to get my hands on some of the mexican food
SA is home to some of the BEST. But then again you can find the BEST mexican almost anywhere in TX. And some of the HOTTEST sauce ever.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 PM

A couple years ago my moms friend from Brooklyn NY brought some Brooklyn Pizza down from NY. BEST pizza I ever had. Anyone else had some?

Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,819 times
Quote:
Yeah, that is pretty rude.
it is the equivalent of a person from the north walking up to someone from the south and saying

"i can tell that you are not from here. You must be a redneck from the south."

It is just something that should not be said in my opinion

Quote:
SA is home to some of the BEST. But then again you can find the BEST mexican almost anywhere in TX. And some of the HOTTEST sauce ever.
Phoenix has really good mexican food too

Old 05-18-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
it is the equivalent of a person from the north walking up to someone from the south and saying

"i can tell that you are not from here. You must be a redneck from the south."

It is just something that should not be said in my opinion

Phoenix has really good mexican food too
Basically ANYWHERE west of the Mississippi river and south of Utah.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:03 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,642,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
Pennsylvania Dutch food?

I had some classes with a guy who lived near those PA Dutch areas and he brought some type of dessert that his wife made, I didn't eat any but he said that the PA Dutch have some top notch food. I'm not familiar with it, got any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
The Italian food in America is different than what you get in Italy for the most part. And lots of the southern food did not originate in the south. Its just a different version of food found elsewhere, like the northern Italian food. This is the case with most types of food in America.
Southern food does have influences from other countries but those styles blend so evenly that it's something new and native to the region. Southern food has a lot of British, Scottish, Amerindian, Caribbean. New Orleans has all that stuff and French, Italian, German, etc. French isn't French anymore when it has like 7 extra elements to it. The Italian in the Northeast isn't fused with much to be native.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesNightmare View Post
soul food is gross...im sorry...macaroni and cheese? barfff....collard greens ew....fried chicken.. greasy and nasty
Nevermind, you really didn't add anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I am also torn. I think it would depend on what I craved on any particular day. Gun to my head, it would probably be the northeast, but only because I am a product of that environment. But I can easily go over to the other side.
I'm the same way I have to be in the mood to eat Southern style. I usually just make a sandwich or something because Southern style require some major prep if you want to eat well.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,758 times
I find all the calorie counting northerners on here laughable. You guys must be living a sedintary lifestyle to be so worried about that. If you live an active lifestyle and work out regularly you can enjoy the great food down here with no problem.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:30 PM

943 posts, read 782,161 times
The south is the region with the highest rate of obesity, so apparently walking is not going to keep it off....

Old 05-19-2009, 08:32 PM

I eat alot of those greasy foods, im not obese. I WORK OUT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City