Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:47 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I agree, Kopp's is the best frozen custard in town. I love that they always have 2 choices for their flavor-of-the-day, Rum & Coke, Pretzels & Beer, and Night Rider are always favorites of mine.
Frozen custard sounds good. Never had it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 05:57 AM

17 posts, read 39,815 times
I love Toronto. Everybody knows it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world but I love its luxury apartments and the comfort they provide for the vacationers and business travelers.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:14 AM

341 posts, read 452,143 times
There isn't just one NYC accent...and generally speaking NO one wishes they had it.
Personally, I found french accents cuter...or southern ones.

BUT, I must say, I do like east coast accents for men. They sound HORRID on women..just disgusting, tacky, and gross. Pure trashy...men= yes, women=hell no.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:17 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,070,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Frozen custard sounds good. Never had it.
Here's some frozen custard facts:

Frozen custard contains eggs and butterfat so it has less air bubbles, making it much creamier than regular ice cream.

Frozen custard was invented at Coney Island Amusement Park in Brooklyn and later introduced to the rest of the country at the 1933 World's Fair in Chicago.

Following the World's Fair it became hugely popular in cities like Milwaukee, St. Louis, and Kansas City.

Leon's Frozen Custard on Milwaukee's Far South Side was the inspiration for Arnold's Drive-In on Happy Days.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Here's some frozen custard facts:

Frozen custard contains eggs and butterfat so it has less air bubbles, making it much creamier than regular ice cream.

Frozen custard was invented at Coney Island Amusement Park in Brooklyn and later introduced to the rest of the country at the 1933 World's Fair in Chicago.

Following the World's Fair it became hugely popular in cities like Milwaukee, St. Louis, and Kansas City.

Leon's Frozen Custard on Milwaukee's Far South Side was the inspiration for Arnold's Drive-In on Happy Days.

oh, so then I should go to Coney Island to get me some, lol.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:40 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
oh, so then I should go to Coney Island to get me some, lol.
Or go to Corona, to Timmy O's:

Old 05-28-2009, 11:53 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
FROZEN CUSTARD! My family has driven up from Chicago, ever since I was a little kid, to visit KOPPS frozen custard. That place is better than any other ice cream I have ever experienced. Milwaukee truly does ice cream right.

Oh fuggetaboutit!!! It's Leon's any day of the week, there is a reason every president stops there!

Old 06-20-2011, 11:54 AM

449 posts, read 1,132,058 times
I know i just posted about how i hate my town, but I love the city its in the metro area of: NYC

10. The skyline is breathtaking
9. Its lovely to know u live in (the metro area) of the world's most important city.
8. The mass transit is the best!
7. Respect for nature! Central Park! Jamaica Bay!
6. The shows! I love broadway plays!
5. Museums! There the best!
4. Time Square! How one little intersection can be the busiest place in the country, if not the planet.
3. How to the north, suburbs are almost nonexistant! The bronx is very urban. The lower third of westchester county is still very city-like. But by the time you reach putnam county or rockland, its pretty much rural and very scenic Same can go for north jersey in some parts. Long island, on the other hand...
2. Its so diverse! People from around the world!
1. That diversity creates ghettos, but it can be very positive! I love visiting chinatown and little italy. If it werent for the license plates on cars, id think i was in a different country!

So yeah, I love the city that I live in the metro area of, but i hate the specific town I lived in up until recently, when i moved to a diiferent town. but im still in the lovely place called the Tri-State Area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City