Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,060,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I hate how people say a place has more culture than another place. Everyone has culture, culture is what you do/how you live. If you are alive you have culture. Orlando's culture is much different than Clevelands, and some people prefer it over Clevelands. Museums don't interest me, I'd rather be out having fun. I think Orlando has better amenities. Orlando doesn't have one heritage because its much more diverse than Cleveland, its like a melting pot of many heritages.
So are people in Orlando having more fun than people in Cleveland? Also, in regards to amenities, what does Orlando have over Cleveland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 01:33 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,369,528 times
ORLANDO ! Cleveland economy is horrible and this city loses so many people....But Orlando is fun and dynamic

Old 07-27-2010, 01:53 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
So are people in Orlando having more fun than people in Cleveland? Also, in regards to amenities, what does Orlando have over Cleveland?
To ME there are more fun things to do in Orlando. Minus the museums what does Cleveland have over Orlando? Orlando is an entertainment mecca of America and one of the worlds biggest vacation destinations, people aren't going there for no reason, and don't say its just because Disney because its much more than that now a days. Even if it was just Disney, many cities wish they had a place that compares to Disney.

Cleveland is a nice city, with a lot of history, but when I'm looking for a place to live and spend my life, I don't really care if the area has history, or museums, im not gonna be going to museums everyday, i want a city that I can enjoy my everyday life in. I don't want to live a place that is loosing more population that its gaining, its just depressing. I like new, clean, progressive cities. Plus I like the weather in Orlando, I hate too much cold.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:16 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
YES! First off Orlando is one of the leading vacation destinations in the WORLD so its obvious people are having fun. Besides for Disney and all the things Disney provides such as a shopping and restaruant district, race track, golf courses, water parks its not all just the theme parks. There is Universal which besides for the two theme parks there is City Walk which is popular with locals. Orlando has a better night life, better food choices, better shopping. Orlando is only about an hour away from the Beach also.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:17 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
Is Orlando a vacation destination or is Disneyworld?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:21 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Is Orlando a vacation destination or is Disneyworld?
Orlando. Disney is a vacation destination in Orlando though. But Orlando is way more than just Disney. Did you read the post above yours?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:29 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
I did, but im not going to believe all of those millions of vacationers are there to see downtown Orlando.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,052,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
I did, but im not going to believe all of those millions of vacationers are there to see downtown Orlando.
I believe we are comparing everything that the metro areas have to offer here from a standpoint of things to do, amenities, culture, etc. While I live in Orlando because I like the downtown, I don't see how you can separate Disney into a separate entity that does not have an impact on Orlando. Orlando has many tourist attractions that people come to see here, so they must all be taken into account, as should proximity to the beach.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:12 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times
Default Disney is the reason they go to Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
I believe we are comparing everything that the metro areas have to offer here from a standpoint of things to do, amenities, culture, etc. While I live in Orlando because I like the downtown, I don't see how you can separate Disney into a separate entity that does not have an impact on Orlando. Orlando has many tourist attractions that people come to see here, so they must all be taken into account, as should proximity to the beach.
It is inland and doesn't even have a beach. You have to drive MILES to the coast, to go to a beach. If they come for Disney, of course they will look for other things to see and do.

Before Disney was built who came to Orlando?

Old 07-27-2010, 03:19 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,944,113 times
Saying people go to a city only based on the attractions the city offers is true but silly since those attractions make up the city. So while saying that "people only go to Orlando because of it's world class theme parks, excellent nightlife, great restaurants, and hundreds of other attractions" may be true, it's silly because those things make up only a portion of what Orlando is. The other part of Orlando that most tourists don't see is downtown, the suburbs, and the life those of us who live here enjoy. The exact same is true of the people who go to New York to see Times Square, Broadway, and the Empire State Building but never venture out into Long Island to see what's shakin' in the 'burbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City