Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: NY/NJ vs FL
NY/NJ 48 57.14%
FL 36 42.86%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:43 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,789,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Most of those things can be found in every state.
Vice versa, ALOT of things you find in upstate NY (with the exception of Niagra) you can find in ANY state. And besides, you wont find an island fortress like fort jeferson in ANY state, considering most states dont have islands. These pictures were just to awnser all the critics that said Florida had NO culture. In these photos, I show japanese gardens, and a japanese museum, which shows that there was a brief japanese history in delray, it was called the yamato colony, then I showed fortresses used and built during Spanish Florida, then I showed an old college also built during spanish florida period, NONE of these sights are commercialized tourist areas, they are rather HISTORY of Florida, these pictures were to prov to all the nay sayers that say florida is nothing but commercialized tourism, like disney, this is just to prove them wrong and show them that, Florida has PLENTY of CULTURE and HISTORY, it's just different then NY's CULTURE and HISTORY. These proved them wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 03:31 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,591,902 times
Default Was Florida one of the original 13 Colonies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Vice versa, ALOT of things you find in upstate NY (with the exception of Niagra) you can find in ANY state. And besides, you wont find an island fortress like fort jeferson in ANY state, considering most states dont have islands. These pictures were just to awnser all the critics that said Florida had NO culture. In these photos, I show japanese gardens, and a japanese museum, which shows that there was a brief japanese history in delray, it was called the yamato colony, then I showed fortresses used and built during Spanish Florida, then I showed an old college also built during spanish florida period, NONE of these sights are commercialized tourist areas, they are rather HISTORY of Florida, these pictures were to prov to all the nay sayers that say florida is nothing but commercialized tourism, like disney, this is just to prove them wrong and show them that, Florida has PLENTY of CULTURE and HISTORY, it's just different then NY's CULTURE and HISTORY. These proved them wrong.
They were still fighting the Seminoles while the NE was fighting the American Revolution for Independence. They didn't even become a STATE until the 19th Century.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
They were still fighting the Seminoles while the NE was fighting the American Revolution for Independence. They didn't even become a STATE until the 19th Century.
Who said anything about American history and culture. That's what I said, Floridas culture and history is ALOT more different then NY's history and culture, Florida was founded by the Spaniards, therefore alot of those fortresses were built and used by the spanish, it dosent have to be Anglo history and culture, to be considered history and culture. Not ALL history is viewed through the 13 colonies, that would be boring, if ALL we learned was about the 13 colonies, MOST of America was discovered after that anyway. So with ALL do respect, what's your point?

Old 05-26-2009, 04:00 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,720,401 times
Quote:
Who said anything about American history and culture. That's what I said, Floridas culture and history is ALOT more different then NY's history and culture, Florida was founded by the Spaniards, therefore alot of those fortresses were built and used by the spanish, it dosent have to be Anglo history and culture, to be considered history and culture. Not ALL history is viewed through the 13 colonies, that would be boring, if ALL we learned was about the 13 colonies, MOST of America was discovered after that anyway. So with ALL do respect, what's your point?
Her point is NY is more superior than FL. She is just having trouble trying to prove it.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:02 PM

Default The NE was fighting the British

Quote:
to gain independence and become the United States of America when Florida was fighting Indians.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
to gain independence and become the United States of America when Florida was fighting Indians.
What is your point?

Old 05-26-2009, 04:25 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,389,751 times
New York.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:26 PM

Default If you don't know the answer to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
What is your point?
Florida schools HAVE FAILED YOU.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Ok?? Sooo. What does this mean?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Florida schools HAVE FAILED YOU.
I know what the revolutionary war is. I just don't see how NY is better because it was fought there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City