Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
You got it.

Had SoCal in mind not the entire coast when describing the relatively limited livable real estate.

Whats your story anyway? I can say 99 good things about the west coast and I wont hear a peep out of you, you are quiet as a church mouse. Yet if I make 1 derogatory unflattering comment towards the west coast you start chirping like a canary.
Lol chirping like a canary huh? Does that mean I might end up sleeping with the fishes? j/p

To be honest I don't recall reading ONE good thing about the West Coast from you before that post of yours (let alone 99), and anytime in the past where you would begin to it would always turn into a backhanded compliment. Anything I've read from you in the past regarding the West Coast has either been some sort of insult or misinformation. So if you have EVER said anything truthfully good about the West Coast then I must have missed it. (Which is possible.)

And honestly I was about to comment on the surprising new tone you seemed to have in your post, but then I realized you were just doing what you always do but being a little nicer about it than usual. For the record tho, I don't think you're a troll. I just think you're a bit too proud and a bit too touchy about your home region, and you constantly have this need to belittle everywhere else (particularly the West) in order to make the Philly area always sound somehow superior to whatever its being compared to by exaggerating and BSing.

So if I read that stuff I'm going to call you on it. If you tried being more accurate and balanced in your comparisons you wouldn't hear from me so often. And if you did hear from me it would at least be a positive interaction. So that about sums up my deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 AM

4,927 posts, read 14,215,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post

To be honest I don't recall reading ONE good thing about the West Coast from you before that post of yours (let alone 99), and anytime in the past where you would begin to it would always turn into a backhanded compliment.
Just a little gamesmanship and in my defense most of my posts are responses to unprovoked attacks on Philadlephia/East Coast.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:24 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Just a little gamesmanship and in my defense most of my posts are responses to unprovoked attacks on Philadlephia/East Coast.
I haven't really been keeping score, so maybe that is (at the very least partially) true. It usually appears that you're starting it, but it might be true that there are plenty of times you were provoked before chiming in. I can relate to that mentality as a good chunk of my posts are in response to attacks from elsewhere.

But the lack of intellectual honesty or accurate info and the overblown comparisons in your posts are just asking to be corrected. And you've admitted your disdain for the West in the past, so it becomes pretty obvious why you often don't play fair. Regardless, its not really that big of a deal, but when I see something I find either ridiculous or just incorrect, I will speak up. Just like you would if you saw me ragging on Philly regularly in threads.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:43 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,417 times
Nothing compares to the Jersey shore, ESPECIALLY in the winter! (today's weather, was perfect for a walk on the beach/boardwalk)

Old 01-21-2010, 08:51 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
Nothing compares to the Jersey shore, ESPECIALLY in the winter! (today's weather, was perfect for a walk on the beach/boardwalk)
Hate to break it to you ya killer..Southern California beach weather..Especially in the winter spanks NJ boardwalk weather into submission..plain and simple..it's the reason I leave Colorado..NJ can't compete at all..end of story..

Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Hate to break it to you ya killer..Southern California beach weather..Especially in the winter spanks NJ boardwalk weather into submission..plain and simple..it's the reason I leave Colorado..NJ can't compete at all..end of story..
I hate to break it to you, but weather wise, I prefer Jersey's ever varying weather, it always gives me something to look forward to. I LOVE the cold, and it makes the sand easier to walk on. I LOVE the ocean during or after a storm. I don't care what you say about Cali weather, it's not for me.

Cape May beaches can compete any day of the weak, especially against Southern California. They're cleaner (after storms anyway), guarded, warmer during the summer, soft, etc. You my friend, highly underestimate the Jersey Shore.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:02 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
I hate to break it to you, but weather wise, I prefer Jersey's ever varying weather, it always gives me something to look forward to. I LOVE the cold, and it makes the sand easier to walk on. I LOVE the ocean during or after a storm. I don't care what you say about Cali weather, it's not for me.

Cape May beaches can compete any day of the weak, especially against Southern California. They're cleaner (after storms anyway), guarded, warmer during the summer, soft, etc. You my friend, highly underestimate the Jersey Shore.
If you say soooooooo .

Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
If you say soooooooo .
Is winter weather at Southern California beaches cold? Does it discourage shoobies from overpopulating the beaches and ruining traffic and peaceful towns? Can I take a lonely walk on the beach with my dog? Can I build a snowman on the beach (a rarity here, but double once in a while)

Old 01-23-2010, 07:22 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times
Quote:
Get over yourself and realize that opinions exist.
You could easily disagree, but you use words like "spank" and "killer" to represent your true arrogance.
Either way, your not going to swim in the ocean anywhere in Cali either unless you don't mind the cold water at this time of year.

@Jknic, I agree, there's nothing like winter on the boardwalk (especially lately since it's been abnormally warm) it's very pristine out there, no insanity like in the summer.

Last edited by BPerone201; 01-23-2010 at 07:31 AM..

Old 01-23-2010, 07:41 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,575,309 times
Palm Beach >Boca Raton >Fort Lauderdale >Miami & Miami Beach-I love this beautiful stretch of cities because of its beautiful palm trees and Gulfstream waters.

This is in one state,not 4 different ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City