Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
NEW JERSEY 42 62.69%
ILLINOIS 25 37.31%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times

Advertisements

Only thing keeping me in Illinois is 1) Chicago, and 2) Chicago's proximity to Wisconsin. Not much going on in the rest of Illinois. IMO it would be ideal if Chicago and Milwaukee could swap places. Or better yet, Chicago and Green Bay. GB is a complete waste of urban space considering the outdoor recreational activities available in the immediate area.

Drove through Jersey a couple a times. It just seems like the almost the entire state is suburbia. Very nice suburbia throughout most of it, mind you... but suburbia nonetheless.

Consequently, I choose neither.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 05:23 AM

1,750 posts, read 3,389,720 times
IMO, Jersey is a much better State than Illinois; outside Chicago Metro, Illinois is one of the more boring states.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:22 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
you'll have to complete this first:

Application to Live in New Jersey

NAME:__________________________NICKNAME:__________ ____________ADDRESS: ______________________ EXIT # __________ ______________________

shopjerseyshore.com - Application to Live In New Jersey (http://shopjerseyshore.com/applicationjoke.html - broken link)

Old 06-04-2009, 07:33 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,983,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
you'll have to complete this first:

Application to Live in New Jersey

NAME:__________________________NICKNAME:__________ ____________ADDRESS: ______________________ EXIT # __________ ______________________

shopjerseyshore.com - Application to Live In New Jersey (http://shopjerseyshore.com/applicationjoke.html - broken link)
The favorite sports section made me chuckle.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
The favorite sports section made me chuckle.
ha! gotta love the car options too...

f) Chevette ( You got a f#%*ing problem with it?)

Old 06-04-2009, 09:48 AM

322 posts, read 800,124 times
Illinois...

new jersey seems to be the "armpit of america" from what ive heard...everyone says it smells gross too......and their girls aren't attractive to me , something about their deep manly voices....no thanks, im ok

Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesNightmare View Post
Illinois...

new jersey seems to be the "armpit of america" from what ive heard...everyone says it smells gross too......and their girls aren't attractive to me , something about their deep manly voices....no thanks, im ok
Maybe you should not knock a place until you visit it. I heard horrible things about Los Angeles, but once I visited it I found that most were untrue, maybe you should do the same before insulting the State of New Jersey and its people.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:54 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,269,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
LOL is this serious? Illinois, of course. Jersey?!

JERSEY!? Think about the jokes people make about Illinois. Now, think about the jokes people make about NEW JERSEY!
Grow up. Do you really believe stereotypes? OK, then the stereotype of Illinois is that it is Chicago and a bunch of cornfields.

You mention jokes people make about NJ. Well, 89% of those jokes are made by people who have never been in NJ outside of the NJ Turnpike. There is a reason why NJ is one of the most expensive places to live in the US. It's extremely desirable.

NJ's assets - quick & easy access to either NYC or Philadelphia, rolling hills and mountains, forests, farmland, never more than an hour away from gorgeous beaches which stretch for 120 miles, Atlantic City, the whole state is loaded with affluent suburbs. Also in NJ we are a quick drive to Boston, Baltimore, or Washington DC. Quick drive to the Catskills or Poconos for camping, white water rafting, etc. We really have it made here.

IL's assets - Chicago, the lake, ... ?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:59 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,391,257 times
Quote:
......and their girls aren't attractive to me , something about their deep manly voices....no thanks, im ok
I met a few girls from New Brunswick, NJ who were hot

Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,269,487 times
Quote:
Illinois...

LOL - are you serious with this post? Are you 12 years old?

Yes, you are correct - all 4.5 Million women in NJ speak with deep, manly voices. LOL, where did you get this stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City