Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
NEW JERSEY 42 62.69%
ILLINOIS 25 37.31%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,653,377 times

Advertisements

NJ would be my second choice of a place to live, after my home state of NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,554,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
NJ would be my second choice of a place to live, after my home state of NY.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:52 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,488,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
LOL is this serious? Illinois, of course. Jersey?!

JERSEY!? Think about the jokes people make about Illinois. Now, think about the jokes people make about NEW JERSEY!
Yes, the poll is serious. This is a poll that your state is loosing badly

You are right, think about the jokes of NJ. It is so dense.

And so expensive because its near one of the top 10 best cities in the U.S. and the best city in the world. That sounds horrible doesnt it?

However, your state is the laughing stock right now. Your state and city gave us the worst president in American history (obama)

And the moron before him is probably going to prison for the rest of his life because he was so corrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesNightmare View Post
Illinois...

new jersey seems to be the "armpit of america" from what ive heard...everyone says it smells gross too......and their girls aren't attractive to me , something about their deep manly voices....no thanks, im ok
Keep yourself in Cali. You couldnt make it in NJ, Philly or NYC

The laid back surfer attitude wouldnt cut it here

Old 06-04-2009, 08:11 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,808,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
and you can get food from all over the world in Hackensack - Peruvian, filipino, etc. etc. I used to live on Halloween street.. Clinton Place.. great place to live! I had a negative stereotype of NJ and Hackensack before I lived there, now I'd live there willingly all over again. I thought Chicago's best plus is its affordability (when compared to NYC) but thats it. For cities I still prefer nyc and the NNJ suburs would always be my choice over any city in middle america
Yup
I go to the high school here in Hackensack and at lunch I go to either a Jamaican place or a Mexican place (if i have the money) with a diverse group of friends. Can't say that for the majority of places in this country.
And i know Clinton place, i went there this halloween hah, i used to go when i was younger, but i just did it for the hell of it this year. I live right off Lodi St. towards South Hackensack btw.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,087,903 times
how u figure obama is the worst president

Old 06-04-2009, 08:13 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,808,427 times
Obama didn't even do anything crucial yet to be considered "the worst president"

Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,307,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Yes, the poll is serious. This is a poll that your state is loosing badly

You are right, think about the jokes of NJ. It is so dense.

And so expensive because its near one of the top 10 best cities in the U.S. and the best city in the world. That sounds horrible doesnt it?

However, your state is the laughing stock right now. Your state and city gave us the worst president in American history (obama)

And the moron before him is probably going to prison for the rest of his life because he was so corrupt.

Keep yourself in Cali. You couldnt make it in NJ, Philly or NYC

The laid back surfer attitude wouldnt cut it here
WAIT......Nevermind.

I agree with u on alot of stuff, but this is just ...

Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,488,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
WAIT......Nevermind.

I agree with u on alot of stuff, but this is just ...
Hey, I love the city of chicago

I just can't stand the dumb politicians that come from there.

Anyways, I shouldnt have said that because it changed the topic of the thread. Carry on!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:36 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,307,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Hey, I love the city of chicago

I just can't stand the dumb politicians that come from there.

Anyways, I shouldnt have said that because it changed the topic of the thread. Carry on!
touche. but Obama is nothingn like the other chicago politicians, I can tell you that.
anyway, back to the topic (i was digressing too, my bad)

-mas23-

Old 06-04-2009, 09:10 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,200 times
New Jersey is any & everything condensed into one of the smallest states in the country. If you don't like one neighborhood or area........ It's a relatively short distance to the next.
NJ is what you want it to be.
If you are bored in NJ, it's because you are boring.
The next neighborhood, the next set of people, the next view of the world is 10-15 minutes away.
While I like Chicago, I don't know if you can say the same thing for the state of Ill as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City