Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City?
Seattle 72 58.06%
Los Angeles 52 41.94%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,203,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huero222 View Post
Sorry to say but Seattle is MUCH more beatiful than LA. The downtown area is amazing and the architecture is unreal! I have lived in both cities and I live in LA right now. The population of LA might be bigger but it is much more spread out than Seattle. THat is why Seattle has many more sky scrapers because the people per square foot mile is greater in Seattle. Both cities are prone to earthquakes. Both cities have activities it just depends on which ones you like. The weather in LA is cold and rainy also in the winter it IS NOT WARM IN LA IN THE WINTER!!! I freeze my but off just like I did in Seattle. But there is a longer period of warm weather in LA maybe a month or so in September or May. Takes a minute for Seattle to warm up. PEOPLE in LA are much nicer than I thought they would be but I have to say I met a lot more people in LA that either want to use you for their own advancement or they keep their enemies close so they can be very kaniving. Seattle people are very down to earth and i made 30 plus friends in a few years there that I am still very close with. LA I have 2 close friends that I see once maybe every 2 weeks. I would MUCH RATHER BE IN SEATTLE then LA. I enjoyed it in LA but it is good as a vacation spot and not a place to live...
LA has FAR warmer winters than Seattle-daytime highs in Seattle are like 45F in winter compared to LA's 65F. That is a 20 degree difference. And of course Seattle's nights are around freezing temperature, while LA's are mostly in the low 40sF. But both do have the cold sea breeze and rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 12:05 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,459,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
I have a very hard time believing this.

It's great that you love Seattle, it's a shame that you dislike Los Angeles so much. What part of LA are you in?
Yeah those cities wouldn't even add up to Half of LA actually. But the Density in the Seattle Urban area around the city is pretty darn high. 7th or 8th in the country.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:00 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,847,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
Yeah those cities wouldn't even add up to Half of LA actually. But the Density in the Seattle Urban area around the city is pretty darn high. 7th or 8th in the country.
Yes I agree, Seattle is quite dense for a non-East Coast city. It is still not quite as dense as Los Angeles (especially not in the sustained manner of the Southland) but definitely in the top 10.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 AM

30,344 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Obviously I've chosen with my feet and particularly my pocketbook...Seattle. If I had about $3M more in wealth, I might go with LA or at least a suburb of LA. Love the LA weather but where's the NFL?

Old 07-23-2013, 02:27 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,538,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Obviously I've chosen with my feet and particularly my pocketbook...Seattle. If I had about $3M more in wealth, I might go with LA or at least a suburb of LA. Love the LA weather but where's the NFL?
The NFL is holding out for a taxpayer funded stadium, which they will never get in Los Angeles. Besides, NFL owners like to use the threat of "moving to Los Angeles" to blackmail new stadiums from their current cities (see Minneapolis, Atlanta, and probably soon St. Louis...).

They can't threaten to move to L.A. if L.A. gets a team.

But that's neither here nor there.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:03 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,533 times
Seattle v. San Diego or San Francisco would be an interesting thread. L.A. is more comparable to Detroit. Seriously, everyone I know who lives there hates it.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:08 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,538,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Seattle v. San Diego or San Francisco would be an interesting thread. L.A. is more comparable to Detroit. Seriously, everyone I know who lives there hates it.
Cool story bro.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:45 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,150,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
The NFL is holding out for a taxpayer funded stadium, which they will never get in Los Angeles. Besides, NFL owners like to use the threat of "moving to Los Angeles" to blackmail new stadiums from their current cities (see Minneapolis, Atlanta, and probably soon St. Louis...).

I don't understand why people always. Hell yeah they can still threaten if L.A. gets a team. Once L.A. gets a team, that means the stadium will be under construction, once that bad boy is built, teams will be drooling. After all, the NFL has said the L.A. stadium should be built to house two teams. If anything, the threat becomes an even bigger threat when L.A. gets a team.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:55 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post

Yea, I hope the NFL just stays out of LA.

If LA gets a team, then the owners can start blackmailing LA and threaten to move elsewhere. Blegh.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:16 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times
Oh man, what a comparison.

Los Angeles by far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City