Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City?
Seattle 72 58.06%
Los Angeles 52 41.94%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:51 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,434,862 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Yes I have actually.
I've been all over the Southwest (L.A., Las Vegas, Grand Canyon), drove all over the Midwest (Chicago) to (the Thruway toll was killer!) New York City and passed by Center City Philadelphia for a few hours before going to Washington, and have been around Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Seattle reminds me of a west coast version of NYC.
Seattle has a long way to catch up to its nearest rival, San Francisco (the Western version of NYC) and Los Angeles--the flagship city of the West. The population of California is the biggest hurdle for Seattle. These have long histories of being popular areas to live and BETTER WEATHER!!!

(Somebody had to burst the inflated full-of-it self-worth bubble of Seattle!)

Old 06-08-2009, 07:20 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
I've been all over the Southwest (L.A., Las Vegas, Grand Canyon), drove all over the Midwest (Chicago) to (the Thruway toll was killer!) New York City and passed by Center City Philadelphia for a few hours before going to Washington, and have been around Europe.

Seattle has a long way to catch up to its nearest rival, San Francisco (the Western version of NYC) and Los Angeles--the flagship city of the West. The population of California is the biggest hurdle for Seattle. These have long histories of being popular areas to live and BETTER WEATHER!!!

(Somebody had to burst the inflated full-of-it self-worth bubble of Seattle!)
Thankfully Seattle does not have as many people as either SF, or LA...as for the weather that is debatable as well. It is just a matter of personal opinion.

Seattle certainly has better weather than the hell hole known as Houston!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:34 PM

40 posts, read 54,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
Los Angeles

wonderful pictures mission home! I'll definitely choose Los Angeles over Seattle in a heart beat.

Last edited by Incubus; 06-08-2009 at 07:48 PM..

Old 06-09-2009, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 8,364 times
Los angeles

Old 06-09-2009, 06:45 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Thankfully Seattle does not have as many people as either SF, or LA...as for the weather that is debatable as well. It is just a matter of personal opinion.

Seattle certainly has better weather than the hell hole known as Houston!
But its economy isn't a powerhouse like S.F. and L.A. (and the State of California). That's one reason why these are top-tier global cities while Seattle doesn't appear in it at all (used more organized, believable 2004 list instead of flawed, hard-to-use 2008 list).

Second why are you bringing Houston into this? It must be you have nothing to say. Save it for the other thread. (BTW I'll take sunny weather in a cosmopolitan world city over cloudiness in a pseudo-intellectual backwater anyday! haha The suicide rate isn't attractive either.)

Old 06-09-2009, 06:53 PM

13 posts, read 13,993 times
LA For sure.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:56 PM

13 posts, read 13,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Which city? Pictures of course( at least three)Which city is for you and why? Compare everything in all categories(Weather,food, cost of living) blah, blah, blah Etc!

Be cool, and Keep it clean-Californialove24
How is Seattle winning, LA beats Seattle is most Categories except Cost of living and quality of life.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:10 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
But its economy isn't a powerhouse like S.F. and L.A. (and the State of California). That's one reason why these are top-tier global cities while Seattle doesn't appear in it at all (used more organized, believable 2004 list instead of flawed, hard-to-use 2008 list).

Second why are you bringing Houston into this? It must be you have nothing to say. Save it for the other thread. (BTW I'll take sunny weather in a cosmopolitan world city over cloudiness in a pseudo-intellectual backwater anyday! haha The suicide rate isn't attractive either.)
I really don't care if Seattle is a top-tier global city or not, I like it here...and to me that is all that matters, end of story.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:12 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,327,883 times
Eh, cost of living and quality of life are pretty damn important, aren't they?

It's also possible like the more urban life that Seattle seems to have or the vibe that the Pacific Northwest has in general. LA generally has more of everything, it's true, but some things you just don't want more of. Like syphilis!

I vote LA though. Place is oodles better now than it was when I was growing up. If it keeps going the way it's going now, then LA might actually stop being the butt of everyone's joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City