Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which climate do you prefer?
Dry heat 133 73.48%
Humid Heat 48 26.52%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:13 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,982,665 times

Advertisements

Neither, but I guess dry heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,770,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Which type of weather would you prefer or live in?
Dry heat, sometimes it actually can be comfortable.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:19 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,388,510 times
Again, I repeat...

Humidity=bad

Dry=Better

Old 06-15-2009, 12:57 AM

1,654 posts, read 5,852,884 times
Gotta love the great lakes, humidity paradise.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:29 AM

81 posts, read 232,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
The working outside thing I get...that sucks. However, you say you sweat while getting dressed, working out, and at work? I don't get it...does your home, office and gym not have A/C? The only times I am actually uncomfortable is walking the dog at lunch since I still have my work clothes on.

Yes, my home and office have A/C. I'm just being a bit too anti-humidity when I make those comments. (Don't mean to make generalizations, I'm just kinda ready for a change.) I don't sweat every day when I'm getting dressed. It's just on those fun days when I'm taking care of the dogs downstairs, running upstairs to help my 2 year old with something, running back downstairs to get some coffee, etc. Those are the times when I break a sweat while getting dressed. Not a dripping, been exercising sweat, but a light bead of perspiration that is super annoying. I'd bet that doesn't happen in dry heat areas. I'm not some obese couch potato either. I mean I'm no Mr. Olympia, but I am actively exercising 4-5 days a week.

Which brings up my next point, no, my main gym doesn't have a/c. Just a couple fans. It's pretty much a "hardcore" gym, we go to lift, not to socialize, see and be seen. I also work out a couple days at the local YMCA when I take my kids for some activities, that gym does have a/c. I still sweat there. Who doesn't break a sweat when working out? Is it considered working out if you don't work out hard enough to break a sweat? Well, that appies to me anyway, maybe I'm just a naturally born "sweater." I've always been sweaty down here. I think I'm an eskimo trapped in a Floridian's body.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,907,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Humidity sucks.
I totally agree. I'll take dry heat any day.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:15 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,021 times
I never understood the dry VS humid heat argument. Hot is hot! It's about as ridiculous as arguing over who has a better spot in a hot oven.

I think Las Vegas, Tucson, and Phoenix ***** are just as uncomfortable as Dallas, Houston, or New Orleans in the summer. Nobody could ever convince me otherwise.

I choose not to vote!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:05 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,192,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
I never understood the dry VS humid heat argument. Hot is hot! It's about as ridiculous as arguing over who has a better spot in a hot oven.

I think Las Vegas, Tucson, and Phoenix ***** are just as uncomfortable as Dallas, Houston, or New Orleans in the summer. Nobody could ever convince me otherwise.

I choose not to vote!
I got to disagree. You can even tell the difference between Houston and Dallas. Humidity makes heat much more insufferable. However, I've learned to adjust to it.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I got to disagree. You can even tell the difference between Houston and Dallas. Humidity makes heat much more insufferable. However, I've learned to adjust to it.
True but Dallas's heat makes up for it with its hotter temperatures. Plus, Dallas has a little bit of humidity to add on top of its already hotter temperature.

Like i said, no one can convince me otherwise so you can disagree with me all you want.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:44 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,554,653 times
Humid heat is never good!
http://www.spaderma.com/img/sweating-help.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City