Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which climate do you prefer?
Dry heat 133 73.48%
Humid Heat 48 26.52%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 05:39 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,022,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
Uh.....I want to say Austin, TX is actually at a LOWER lattitude than Albuquerque....so I don't get why the sun would be hotter in ABQ???
it maybe, but the sun feels alot hotter in ABQ, in the Austin area, there is some cloud cover, it comes and goes, but in ABQ, the sun is constantly shining, it might rain for 5 minutes, then the sun is back out, the sun feels alot worse in ABQ than in the Austin area.

ABQ averages 8 inches of rain per year, sometimes more or less, but the sun is always out, summer or winter, the sun is always out, and that is a good thing, especially in the winter. Winters feel really nice in ABQ, even though it may look cold on paper, but its really nice, I dont even use the heater in my truck in the winter cause the sun heats it up enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 05:42 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,871,642 times
No, I mean it totally makes sense that the sun is hotter in the DESERT, I just don't always understand why that coud be true if it's at a higher lattitude.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:57 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,022,888 times
Quote:
No, I mean it totally makes sense that the sun is hotter in the DESERT, I just don't always understand why that coud be true if it's at a higher lattitude.

I dont know, maybe its the higher elevation.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:16 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
^^ I know go to the last page in orlando vs LA the guy says People prefer humid heat than dry heat!lol!so I put up the poll!
Anybody that prefers humidity to dryness has issues, lol.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:17 PM

46 posts, read 131,509 times
Quote:
Uh.....I want to say Austin, TX is actually at a LOWER lattitude than Albuquerque....so I don't get why the sun would be hotter in ABQ???
Albuquerque is about 5000 feet above sea level, Austin is about 500. You can feel the sun more the higher you go in elevation.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:32 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,383,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broct View Post
Albuquerque is about 5000 feet above sea level, Austin is about 500. You can feel the sun more the higher you go in elevation.
Makes sense but Death Valley California is -282 feet below sea-level and the sun is truly deadly.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:54 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Anybody that prefers humidity to dryness has issues, lol.
Yeah cause it's such an "issue" to prefer moist, non-cracked skin over dry, scale-like skin you guys have in the desert. Maybe some of us prefer sweat because it cools you down and let's you know that you're getting dehydrated versus having the sweat evaporate before it condenses on your skin.

Yes this debate once again comes down to prefrence, but to say that we have "issues" for liking moisture in the air is silly!

Old 07-25-2010, 04:18 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Yeah cause it's such an "issue" to prefer moist, non-cracked skin over dry, scale-like skin you guys have in the desert. Maybe some of us prefer sweat because it cools you down and let's you know that you're getting dehydrated versus having the sweat evaporate before it condenses on your skin.

Yes this debate once again comes down to prefrence, but to say that we have "issues" for liking moisture in the air is silly!
Anyone that likes to feel hot and sweaty can do so if they wish. As for me, I cannot stand to have my shirt stick to my skin while I mow, rake, or whatever.

You like that type of climate/weather, more good for you but I think the poll bears out that most people dislike your type of climate.

HUMIDITY SUCKS. Especially in the Summer, AND in Texas.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:31 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,693 times
Quote:
Anyone that likes to feel hot and sweaty can do so if they wish. As for me, I cannot stand to have my shirt stick to my skin while I mow, rake, or whatever.

You like that type of climate/weather, more good for you but I think the poll bears out that most people dislike your type of climate.

My problem isn't that "most" people prefer dry heat to humid heat. My problem also ins't your very valid opinion of why you don't like humid, sticky weather. My problem is that you said "anyone who prefers humid heat to dry heat has issues".

Old 07-26-2010, 11:43 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,800,248 times
Quote:

Surely you understand that these polls do not reflect opinions outside of city-data?

That said, I prefer dry heat to humid heat...but it's kind like deciding between being beaten with a paddle or a whip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City