Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more exciting to be in...party, beach, activities?
Jersey shore (Atlantic City, Wildwood etc) 37 42.53%
Chicago's lakeshore 43 49.43%
I don't know 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM

806 posts, read 2,959,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Perception becomes reality to the uninformed.
I agree. Well said.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:31 PM

37,128 posts, read 39,337,475 times
I don't know if it's that undeserved--yes, New York is home to many guidos, but a Jersey Shore timeshare seems to be a popular thing. It's really a wonderful boundary-crossing phenomenon. In the end, it's about brotherhood. It's about love.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:39 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I don't know if it's that undeserved--yes, New York is home to many guidos, but a Jersey Shore timeshare seems to be a popular thing. It's really a wonderful boundary-crossing phenomenon. In the end, it's about brotherhood. It's about love.
And by boundary crossing you mean the trip Staten Island meatheads take to the coastline of New Jersey?
SI infests the Shore in the summer.

I'm not saying there are no native NJ meatheads, but the Garden State's hair gel army is no match for our neighbors in NY.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:45 PM

37,128 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Er, you're... welcome...?

Old 06-11-2009, 08:46 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times

LSU TIGER Z71...

LMBO

Oh man, thanks for that laugh! Best pic Ive seen in a long time (page 17--montage of all the guidos)!

LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I cant stop laughin at those two arseclowns with the spray-on tan. And whats with them puckering their lips in all the shots? Reminds me of 80's hair metal bands... particularly Brett Michaels from Poison.

LMBO

Old 06-11-2009, 08:56 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Thumbs down Its a New York conspiracy "to deflect the blame".

Quote:
Perception becomes reality to the uninformed.
Take you for example:
NY loves to hate everything & NJ being next door, gets a fair amount of their provincial, small minded abuse.
This "guido" thing has been pinned on NJ as if it is the Mecca of these types of people. The reality is NY is the home to an OVERWHELMING amount of these people. NY is embarrassed by these people, tries to deflect the blame & make it seem as if most of this was not born right in NYC, but NJ.
Now here you come with your misinformation & continue to spread these exaggerations.
It's all jokes until you have heard it for the millionth time & know it to be untrue.
Perception becomes reality to the uninformed.... Hmmm I think you are one of the prime practicioners of that with your constant anti-New York comments. On a thread about New Jersey and Chicago why are you attacking NY? AND HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT 19 MILLION PEOPLE ARE THINKING?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Geez, those men are more womanly than I am LOL. We have them all over LI. Good thing my fiance is one of the few italian guys who don't dress/act like that lol.
Total Nonsense... MOST Italian kids do not look like bronze morons and wear woman's clothes. Stop spreading stereotypes. Its amazing to me how people can get away with saying bigoted things about Italians.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:08 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,623,865 times
I tell you what's worth discussing...

I think the 'Battle of Evermore' should have been included -- in some fashion-- as a track in Lord of the Rings. Plant based the song on LotR. I could see one of those little Hobbits with a mandolin in the Shire (at the beginning of LotR 1), just singing a line or two foreshadowing the battle.

Damn, that would have had impact.

Last edited by BigLake; 06-11-2009 at 09:21 PM..

Old 06-11-2009, 09:09 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Perception becomes reality to the uninformed.... Hmmm I think you are one of the prime practicioners of that with your constant anti-New York comments. On a thread about New Jersey and Chicago why are you attacking NY? AND HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT 19 MILLION PEOPLE ARE THINKING?
Yea, your right.................. New Jersey bashing is not a constant from the good people of NY.
I must be delusional. My eyes & ears must be deceiving me.

I'm not attacking NY. I'm just trying to counteract the endless negativity about NJ I see.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Yea, your right.................. New Jersey bashing is not a constant from the good people of NY.
I must be delusional. My eyes & ears must be deceiving me.

I'm not attacking NY. I'm just trying to counteract the endless negativity about NJ I see.
No one I know constantly bashes New Jersey. I know your upset (and I don't blame you) about the constant stereotypes about New Jersey --- well I don't like them about New York either. You see them all over this board, mostly from people who have never been to either state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City