Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:17 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,152,962 times

Advertisements

danwxman,

Thank you! Most of these posters have only been to monumental (The Mall, The Musuems, The Monuments) DC. DC is full of party spots like Adams Morgan, 14TH Street Above Thomas Circle, U Street, Chinatown, 14TH & k, West End, 18 & M, Dupont Circle, Georgetown,.....

Love, Fur, Ibiza, The Park, Lima, K street lounge & Lotus are on par with any clubs in NYC & Vegas. There is a show on TV 1 about the owners of Love & The Park. It's called Party Boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 06:27 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,904,323 times
Austin is the live music capitol of the US, and has an incredible local music and social scene. There are 150 night clubs and bars that have singers and bands that play every night. People love to go to "mixers" - drink, dance and hook-up. Major movie openings and CD/record releases happen weekly. Downtown festivals occur every month. There are full calendars of sporting events and U. of Texas social events. For the 18-35 demographic there is something to do every night.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:50 PM

Article in the NY Times on U street in DC.

U Street: The Corridor Is Cool Again - New York Times

Old 06-07-2009, 07:26 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwxman View Post
DC has the best nightlife on the east coast outside of NYC, period. And this is coming from someone who loves Philly.
I thought Miami and Montreal has better nightlife than DC.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:47 PM

330 posts, read 877,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
I thought Miami and Montreal has better nightlife than DC.
I'm kind of new to DC from the west coast, but from what I hear DC has changed a lot. There is plenty of nightlife here. I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and relocated to the DC area. DC has as much nightlife if not more than the Bay Area. It's just more scattered.

There are posters on this forum that think otherwise, but that's because they're comparing it to the gay nightlife. DC has its share of gay nightlife, but it's not on par with SF, but it's getting close. Not that I'm gay, but I have a couple of friends that are and who had educated me on the comparison.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:12 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGuy9 View Post
Thanks! I'm a little surprised to see Toronto on the list. It has nightlife but does it really exceed that found in Washington? I guess to make this scientific would be to compare the number of bars in each city, but I'm not sure how we can do that.
Toronto has the best night life of any city in North America, period. The diversity you encounter is astounding and unmatched.

Washington D.C. has K-street and that one gay bar, somewhere near U-Street? I can't remember but it's close to a Metra stop.

Anyways, almost anywhere else has better nightlife than D.C. and the associated metro area.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:06 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Anyways, almost anywhere else has better nightlife than D.C. and the associated metro area.
That's just a flat-out lie. You obviously don't know DC. You don't even know that it's called the Metro.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:09 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Austin's got great nightlife, but it seems to be narrower in appeal than other cities with great nightlife.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:15 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
^That's what I was thinking as well, but was unsure since I've not experienced Austin's nightlife.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:25 AM

DC has K Street and one gay bar? Hmmm. The masses in Dupont Circle are assembling a lynch mob right now. A lot of people dont realize that DC has so many party districts across the city. Adams Morgan has some of the best bars and nightlife and it closes at around 4 or 5 am. U Street has jazz clubs and college kids mixed in with urban professionals seeking a night out. Eastern Market is a mix of Capitol Hill Professionals sitting in the shadow of the capitol at bars and restaurants. DC's fake Chinatown is always vibrant and bustling with natives and tourist. Penn Quarter has expensive jaunts and upscale clubs that locals only know about. Then there is West End, Woodley Park, Dupont Circle (Gayborhood), Connecticut Ave from Dupont to Farragut North has an abundance of clubs such as Bravo Bravo, 1223, Ozios, 18th Street Lounge, Steves Lounge. K street from 17th to 13th has Lima, Lotus K street Lounge and the Ultra fabulous Park. I wont mention Georgetown which is a monster by itself.

Last edited by DC's Finest; 06-08-2009 at 04:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City