Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,152,962 times

Advertisements

Small as it may be. It certainly packs a punch because it is definitely more sophisticated and cosmopolitan than Coldflu's city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 09:16 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Small as it may be. It certainly packs a punch because it is definitely more sophisticated and cosmopolitan than Coldflu's city.
You don't even know where I live.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,895,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Hell you can have as good of time as anywhere in pretty much any college town across america.

I guarantee I could have as much fun going to bars and clubs in Greenville, NC (where my alma mater is ECU) as I could in DC.
Hell...I KNOW I would see hotter women. (esp true for Austin as well)
I can't agree with you. I used to be down in Cherry Point, I Used to party in Greenville all the time. I have a buddy who was down in Lejeune, he did the same. We both ended up in Quantico, we'd still come down to NC on the weekends, then we discovered DC. Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, even the clubs like Love and Zanzibars. Haven't been back to NC since.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:12 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,240,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, I have been there, I've been there 4 or 5 times. Last time I visited was in November 2002. I guess I never really saw the night-life side of it and my uncle is one of the most successful tax lawyers in the U.S...most of his friends are either high-powered judges, lawyers, or politicians. So that's why I may be biased. But don't presume to know where I have and have not been. I haven't gone out in D.C. at night though, that much I will admit to, I only toured the place in the daytime. Didn't go out at night because I was visiting relatives the whole time and not really old enough back then.
First calm down. You kinda just proved my point. I didn't say that you have never been to DC, I said that you had not been OUT in DC and you haven't. That's not a bad thing but it is what it is.

And on the other comment..well one doesn't HAVE to get drunk when going out, but I mean most people including myself like to drink. It's always weird to go to a bar and not have a drink in my hand. I stand by my statement really and truly a good time can be had in plenty of places. I've had some pretty good times back home in Columbus, GA which is a lot smaller than either St. Louis or DC. Yeah got drunk as a skunk and had a blast. I've also gotten so drunk that I got kicked out of a couple bars. My point was and I guess still is that in the end it doesn't matter you can have a good time in plenty of places it's what you make of it.

Last edited by terrence81; 06-11-2009 at 07:27 AM..

Old 06-11-2009, 07:18 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times
Quote:
If Thievery Corporation wasn't so awesome, no one would even know it existed.
haha, post of the thread!

don't forget dave chappelle

Old 06-11-2009, 07:29 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,240,040 times
I guess to get back on topic I would say that Montreal is better than DC in the since that the people are way friendlier there. I was randomly invited to a party there. I hooked up several times. I danced I drank it was great.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:04 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
I guess to get back on topic I would say that Montreal is better than DC in the since that the people are way friendlier there. I was randomly invited to a party there. I hooked up several times. I danced I drank it was great.
This is exactly why DC nightlife is nowhere near the top and why it shouldn't even be discussed on it's so-called own merits.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:16 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
This is exactly why DC nightlife is nowhere near the top and why it shouldn't even be discussed on it's so-called own merits.
DC people are snobs. My dad sort of acts like them, but I have to tolerate him since he is my dad......lol

Old 06-11-2009, 08:05 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
So because people in Montreal are supposedly friendlier means that DC's nightlife isn't among one of the best in the nation? How does that even logically follow?

And for the record, I found the people in DC to be a bit more open than what I'm used to when it came to the nightlife there. I suppose it all depends on what circles you run in, among other things.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,181 times
I would love to nominate Charlotte NC

I can not wait until the Nascar HOF opens up to visit.

Going to the Nascar HOF during the day and then clubbing in charlotte until midnight

It does not get better than that people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City