Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:59 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,152,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Why don't you ask the Cardinal fans, the skins fans, the giant fans, the charger fans, the niner fans, the lions fans, the falcons fans, and more if you don't believe Cowboy fans don't do the same about a home team stadium turning into a home away from home.

And Americas team is just a nickname. I wish the country would get over it. Besides, Harris interactive says that Dallas is the most popular team in the NFL for the fourth year in a row. They have ben doing this poll since 1999 and Dallas had never dropped below number four. Here is a link.
Harris Interactive: Harris Polls > Dallas Cowboys are America's Favorite Football Team for 4th Year

I was at both Skins/Boys games and they didn't take over Fedex Field. Skins fans are in Dallas too homey. It goes both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 03:01 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,152,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim2none View Post
This is the reason Cowboys fans cannot be considered among the elite fans of the NFL. It's been several years since I've been to a Cowboys game, but for as passionate as there fans claim to be, the games are quite quiet. I suspect many of the Cowboys season tickets are bought as corporate write-offs rather than by passionate fans.

In smaller cities (Pgh, GB, KC, Buffalo, Cleveland) the local teams are integral to the culture of the city. In the vast sprawling cities like Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Phoenix there is no such connection (although Dallas is ahead of the rest of that pack), largely due to the fact that a lot of the population recently relocated there from Pgh, GB, KC, Buffalo and Cleveland.

Plus Cowboy fans are fickle. When the boys lose, they don't show up and their stadium doesn't get loud. I would say Packers and Steelers have the best fans. Dallas has one of the largest fan bases though.

RICHEST TEAMS
Dallas
Washington

Old 04-11-2011, 08:12 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Hey whatever! Steeler fan is Steeler fan...Don't be sore, atleast you know Pittsburgh has a national reach...
What would I be "sore" about?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Of course for Cowboys fans, the stadium doesn't get as loud as it used to. It's not like we've had MUCH to cheer for the past decade and a half....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City