Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 10:52 AM

66 posts, read 70,739 times

Advertisements

So for the past 7 years of my life I have been doomed to live in Atlanta. Even though Atlanta is a big city, it is pretty segregated and not a city I ever want to live in again. I went to high school here and currently I am going to college in GA, I cannot wait to move out of this state. I am sick and tired of living here.

Now I am going to ask you some questions about your city, some of these questions will be kind of weird and offtopic but they are all made to benefit me. If you can't answer them, then there is no need for you to post on this thread.

Here are my questions about your city I hope you can answer

1. What city do you live in?

2. How is the nightlife like there in your opinion?

3. How is the cost of living in your opinion?

4. In your experience, how difficult do you think it will be in your city for an attractive guy who happens to look foreign (Indian in this case) to date and and hook up with an attractive White woman? (it is impossible in Atlanta, believe me, I know)

5. Have you ever seen an Indian (India) guy hook up with an attractive White woman in your city before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 11:05 AM

798 posts, read 1,036,138 times
Damn, that sucks man. Well, I hope we can find you a new place that will be more suited to your needs.

1. Orlando (east side, near UCF)

2. Eh. It's alright. There's some decent clubs and bars, but nothing to write home about. Most of what I've experience is loud EDM and alcohol, but there's definitely alternative options that my friends have mentioned. Since you're in college, you might like the some of the stuff they have over by UCF.

3. I would say Orlando is pretty average. There's your average areas, more expensive areas, and your not-so-great areas.

4. People are pretty open here to dating anyone. I've seen all kinds of interracial couples: black/white, white/Middle-Eastern, Asian/black, Hispanic/Asian, Indian/white, etc. Also, IMO, the girls here are much more attractive than other places I've been to in the US, so the odds are in your favor lol

5. One of my best friends is Indian. He's dated a white girl and a black girl. And both were definitely attractive haha.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Damn, that sucks man. Well, I hope we can find you a new place that will be more suited to your needs.

1. Orlando (east side, near UCF)

2. Eh. It's alright. There's some decent clubs and bars, but nothing to write home about. Most of what I've experience is loud EDM and alcohol, but there's definitely alternative options that my friends have mentioned. Since you're in college, you might like the some of the stuff they have over by UCF.

3. I would say Orlando is pretty average. There's your average areas, more expensive areas, and your not-so-great areas.

4. People are pretty open here to dating anyone. I've seen all kinds of interracial couples: black/white, white/Middle-Eastern, Asian/black, Hispanic/Asian, Indian/white, etc. Also, IMO, the girls here are much more attractive than other places I've been to in the US, so the odds are in your favor lol

5. One of my best friends is Indian. He's dated a white girl and a black girl. And both were definitely attractive haha.
Interesting, so your Indian friend that dated this attractive White girl, what does he do for a living?

Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 AM

Well, it's college, so he's a student lol. He works for one of the apartment complexes outside the campus to save on rent. He moved to the US when he was 6, and he visits India either once a year or every other year to see his extended family. Trust me. The people that I've been going to school with are very open. Yes, you will sometimes see groups segregating themselves, but that happens anywhere. The vast majority of clubs and organizations are integrated.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Well, it's college, so he's a student lol. He works for one of the apartment complexes outside the campus to save on rent. He moved to the US when he was 6, and he visits India either once a year or every other year to see his extended family. Trust me. The people that I've been going to school with are very open. Yes, you will sometimes see groups segregating themselves, but that happens anywhere. The vast majority of clubs and organizations are integrated.
Where I live, the vast majority of the people are segregated. It doesn't matter if you are a good looking Indian dude, the White girls here don't want anything to do with a foreigner. Atlanta is a pretty racist city.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
Where I live, the vast majority of the people are segregated. It doesn't matter if you are a good looking Indian dude, the White girls here don't want anything to do with a foreigner. Atlanta is a pretty racist city.
Eh, I'm in Atlanta now for the summer actually lol. It helps that I'm black, but I still have problems with some of the women here. Atlanta is more appealing for black people than several other comparable cities IMO (Dallas, Houston, Miami). Idk about other ethnicities.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Eh, I'm in Atlanta now for the summer actually lol. It helps that I'm black, but I still have problems with some of the women here. Atlanta is more appealing for black people than several other comparable cities IMO (Dallas, Houston, Miami). Idk about other ethnicities.
I do notice that some White women here go for Black men but I have never seen one with an Indian, Asian, Latino, or Middle Eastern man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City