U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-20-2021, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
8,069 posts, read 6,263,590 times
Reputation: 5563

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Hadn't been there, but it seems like(from what I looked up) a depressed city that probably once had more industrial jobs. Maybe one day, that town will bounce back? And I know Amtrak trains stop there.

Greensboro, NC
A big town. Greensboro provides decent housing and amenities. Downtown is rather small, but growing. I like that Greensboro has a good road network and close to Winston Salem. Wake Forest is also a nice school. The city would be better with more investment in downtown similar to Greenville, SC or Asheville, NC.

Lexington, KY
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-21-2021, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Alabama
4,440 posts, read 3,600,360 times
Reputation: 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Lexington, KY
Lexington is mainly known for two things: Horses, and the University of Kentucky.

I visited Lexington once years ago. Nothing really stuck out to me as especially good or bad about it. It had some run down neighborhoods near its city center, and I didn't find UK's campus to be anything to write home about.

Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2021, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Germantown, Philadelphia
9,013 posts, read 4,551,193 times
Reputation: 6138
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Lexington is mainly known for two things: Horses, and the University of Kentucky.

I visited Lexington once years ago. Nothing really stuck out to me as especially good or bad about it. It had some run down neighborhoods near its city center, and I didn't find UK's campus to be anything to write home about.

Winston-Salem, North Carolina
That place is smoking!

It also kidnapped Wake Forest University and moved it there from outside Raleigh. Biggest city in the North Carolina Piedmont and former home of Wachovia (which a friend of mine from the region told me locals called "Walk-Over-Ya") Bank before it imploded and got scooped up by Wells Fargo.*

*We have a very handsome stone-clad skyscraper on South Broad Street here, built in 1927 as the home of the Fidelity-Philadelphia Trust Company, later the Fidelity Bank. The stone inscription over its main entrance has had to be altered four times since the 1990s as Fidelity was acquired by First Fidelity Bank of New Jersey, then that bank was acquired by North Carolina-based First Union, then Wachovia swallowed First Union, then Wells Fargo swept up Wachovia's ashes. A rival bank here made fun of the serial acquisitions in a marketing campaign that featured a takeover of a restaurant and a nail salon.

Lancaster, Pa.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2021, 09:10 AM
 
6,686 posts, read 3,017,404 times
Reputation: 5762
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
That place is smoking!

It also kidnapped Wake Forest University and moved it there from outside Raleigh. Biggest city in the North Carolina Piedmont and former home of Wachovia (which a friend of mine from the region told me locals called "Walk-Over-Ya") Bank before it imploded and got scooped up by Wells Fargo.*

*We have a very handsome stone-clad skyscraper on South Broad Street here, built in 1927 as the home of the Fidelity-Philadelphia Trust Company, later the Fidelity Bank. The stone inscription over its main entrance has had to be altered four times since the 1990s as Fidelity was acquired by First Fidelity Bank of New Jersey, then that bank was acquired by North Carolina-based First Union, then Wachovia swallowed First Union, then Wells Fargo swept up Wachovia's ashes. A rival bank here made fun of the serial acquisitions in a marketing campaign that featured a takeover of a restaurant and a nail salon.

Lancaster, Pa.
Pretty Amish country. Beautiful countryside and downtown. Really good location.

Lakeland, FL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2021, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Alabama
4,440 posts, read 3,600,360 times
Reputation: 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Lakeland, FL
The corporate home of Publix, the best supermarket chain in the United States; although the first Publix store was actually located in nearby Winter Haven. Lakeland is a pleasant Central Florida city halfway between Orlando and Tampa that has seen a lot of growth over the past 25 years or so.

Laredo, Texas
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2021, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Howard County, Maryland
10,449 posts, read 5,831,684 times
Reputation: 24337
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
The corporate home of Publix, the best supermarket chain in the United States; although the first Publix store was actually located in nearby Winter Haven. Lakeland is a pleasant Central Florida city halfway between Orlando and Tampa that has seen a lot of growth over the past 25 years or so.

Laredo, Texas
The southern terminus of I-35, and future terminus of I-2 and I-69W. Aaaaaaand, that's all I've got.

Texarkana, AR/TX
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2021, 12:09 PM
 
Location: NW Seattle
3,929 posts, read 2,118,208 times
Reputation: 5086
Town at Texas' northeast corner, bordering Arkansas and a bit down the road from Louisiana. R.E.M. has a song named after it.

Danville, IL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2021, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Alabama
4,440 posts, read 3,600,360 times
Reputation: 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Danville, IL
Agriculture. It's a hub for Eastern Illinois farm country and its residents primarily service that industry and its workers in one way or another. It's a dying town.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2021, 12:31 PM
 
Location: SF Bay, I mean, Estuary Area
502 posts, read 135,087 times
Reputation: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Agriculture. It's a hub for Eastern Illinois farm country and its residents primarily service that industry and its workers in one way or another. It's a dying town.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
On the better side of New Mexico cities. I like its proximity to El Paso and Ciudad Juarez.

South Miami, Florida
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2021, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Star-Spangled City
50 posts, read 14,155 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
On the better side of New Mexico cities. I like its proximity to El Paso and Ciudad Juarez.

South Miami, Florida
Traveled there for the first time over a month ago. Very scenic with beautiful beaches and Art Deco-style architecture. Soo many luxury cars, I was amazed. Also, the tourists/spring breakers there are wild lol.

Baltimore, MD
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top