Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2019, 12:52 AM

6,384 posts, read 5,021,384 times

Advertisements

One of the biggest American cities that I know absolutely nothing about.

Sacramento, CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 01:35 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,176,759 times
Decent city environment, nice livable core, would consider it for living if its connectivity to SF improves while maintain its value and discount over SF. Not expecting that to happen, but just possibility in the back of my mind.

Baltimore

Old 07-22-2019, 04:31 AM

88 posts, read 74,311 times
Baltimore awful dangerous city Jonesboro AR

Old 07-22-2019, 05:06 AM

2,550 posts, read 2,876,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeti Li View Post
Baltimore awful dangerous city Jonesboro AR
Outside of Arkansas State having a low-mid tier D1 football program, I know next to nothing about the city or this part of Arkansas. I'm going to assume it's more desirable than most of the southern part of the state but not the NW area.

Pueblo, CO

Old 07-22-2019, 07:02 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,186,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Outside of Arkansas State having a low-mid tier D1 football program, I know next to nothing about the city or this part of Arkansas. I'm going to assume it's more desirable than most of the southern part of the state but not the NW area.

Pueblo, CO
Poor, rough, and dry

Traverse City, MI

Old 07-22-2019, 07:05 AM
aax

710 posts, read 499,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Poor, rough, and dry

Traverse City, MI
No opinion.

Poinciana, FL

Old 07-22-2019, 07:16 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,931,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
No opinion.

Poinciana, FL
Too hot for me; otherwise, I'm in the dark.

Portland, ME

Old 07-22-2019, 08:05 AM

14,201 posts, read 9,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Too hot for me; otherwise, I'm in the dark.

Portland, ME
The Portland I'd rather live in (not to mention the place the other Portland's named after). One of the liveliest smaller cities in the country with a charming harbor and happening city center.

Portland, Ore.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:23 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,456,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
The Portland I'd rather live in (not to mention the place the other Portland's named after). One of the liveliest smaller cities in the country with a charming harbor and happening city center.

Portland, Ore.
A funny place to live. I had a fun visit to one of my close friends who lives there a few years ago. On the one hand, I really give the city credit. The level of bike commuting is the closest thing this country has to Copenhagen or Amsterdam. The public transit is actually pretty nice for a medium-sized West Coast city. However, I also found the place to be quite mono-cultured, as most of the immigrant community is pushed to the edge of the city. I really don't live for the kombucha (C-D does not recognize this word), craft beer and vegan restaurant vibe. It has one of these West Coast dream world vibes that ain't my fave. I also wonder where everyone in Portland works. One last thing: I will take snow over cold rain any day.

Rochester, NY

Old 07-22-2019, 09:44 AM

91 posts, read 79,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
A funny place to live. I had a fun visit to one of my close friends who lives there a few years ago. On the one hand, I really give the city credit. The level of bike commuting is the closest thing this country has to Copenhagen or Amsterdam. The public transit is actually pretty nice for a medium-sized West Coast city. However, I also found the place to be quite mono-cultured, as most of the immigrant community is pushed to the edge of the city. I really don't live for the kombucha (C-D does not recognize this word), craft beer and vegan restaurant vibe. It has one of these West Coast dream world vibes that ain't my fave. I also wonder where everyone in Portland works. One last thing: I will take snow over cold rain any day.

Rochester, NY
Its a decent city. Very snowy. where the Great Lakes meet New England. I can see potential and inflow of NYers (NYC).

Providence RI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City