Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 04:44 PM

9,688 posts, read 9,420,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Place to escape the craziness of Miami while still being in Southern Florida. Still plenty to do, nice beaches good restaurants, etc just without the crazy.
What is the next city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2020, 04:48 PM

9,915 posts, read 6,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Expensive, well-established suburb. The absolute place to be for post-war young families where Dad commuted into the city and Mom gossiped with the other housewives while Bobby and Sally were at school. Oh yeah, the cocker spaniel is in the backyard.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Place to escape the craziness of Miami while still being in Southern Florida. Still plenty to do, nice beaches good restaurants, etc just without the crazy.

Virginia Beach, VA

Old 03-12-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post

Virginia Beach, VA
A nice surprise outside of Norfolk. I visited this area about a year ago for a residency. It gives me a more upscale Myrtle Beach vibe.

Bowling Green, KY

Old 03-12-2020, 07:43 PM

6,384 posts, read 5,021,384 times
The downtown gives me a Midwestern feel, something about the high-quality older brick architecture. The north-side residential areas don't, though.

Clarkston, WA

Old 03-14-2020, 04:08 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,960,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
The downtown gives me a Midwestern feel, something about the high-quality older brick architecture. The north-side residential areas don't, though.

Clarkston, WA
Effectively West Lewiston, ID. You can still smell the pulp, and look up at the Palouse towering over you across the river.

Clarksville, IN.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:04 PM

373 posts, read 253,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Effectively West Lewiston, ID. You can still smell the pulp, and look up at the Palouse towering over you across the river.

Clarksville, IN.
"Hmm is it closer to Chicago or Indianapolis??...hmmm"

Oakland, CA

Old 03-14-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tion91 View Post
"Hmm is it closer to Chicago or Indianapolis??...hmmm"

Oakland, CA
Real black city.

Milwaukee, WI

Old 03-15-2020, 04:15 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,533,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Real black city.

Milwaukee, WI
Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, and Lake Michigan

Roanoke, VA

Old 03-15-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, and Lake Michigan

Roanoke, VA
A recently discovered gem. I was there last year briefly on my way to a residency. It was a nice town, and historic looking. The region gets better as you hit Blacksburg, Charlottesville, then monster DC area. It is interesting how stark the differences are in culture with Appalachia and Piedmont areas touching each other. I will be back!

Palm Springs, CA

Old 03-15-2020, 05:38 PM

12,173 posts, read 8,046,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
A recently discovered gem. I was there last year briefly on my way to a residency. It was a nice town, and historic looking. The region gets better as you hit Blacksburg, Charlottesville, then monster DC area. It is interesting how stark the differences are in culture with Appalachia and Piedmont areas touching each other. I will be black!

Palm Springs, CA
Old and gay! .. and warm. And expensive! Also, I always see the Palm Springs flight at Logan on jetblue.

Providence RI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City