Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2021, 11:07 PM

6,384 posts, read 5,021,384 times

Advertisements

I just know it's in western SD, close-ish to Rapid City (???). Looking it up now, apparently Spearfish Canyon is nearby, which Frank Lloyd Wright once visited and found to be stunningly beautiful, more so than the Grand Canyon.

Mercer Island, WA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 06:40 AM

3,897 posts, read 2,214,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I just know it's in western SD, close-ish to Rapid City (???). Looking it up now, apparently Spearfish Canyon is nearby, which Frank Lloyd Wright once visited and found to be stunningly beautiful, more so than the Grand Canyon.

Mercer Island, WA
Gorgeous and insular. Great Falls MT

Old 05-25-2021, 05:00 PM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Gorgeous and insular. Great Falls MT
I once read it was once a stop, when Lewis and Clark were going west and exploring the Missouri River. Also I remember once reading there is a tiki bar and piano lounge with windows where while you're drinking, you can see women dressed as mermaids swimming around. Looks like it's called the Sip and Dip Lounge and is attached to some local motel/hotel, when I googled it.

Lake Havasu City, AZ

Old 05-25-2021, 05:08 PM

899 posts, read 521,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I once read it was once a stop, when Lewis and Clark were going west and exploring the Missouri River. Also I remember once reading there is a tiki bar and piano lounge with windows where while you're drinking, you can see women dressed as mermaids swimming around. Looks like it's called the Sip and Dip Lounge and is attached to some local motel/hotel, when I googled it.

Lake Havasu City, AZ
Fairly underrated, it has a London Bridge which connects an island. And it's safe.

West Jordan, Utah

Old 05-26-2021, 07:47 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,968,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
West Jordan, Utah
I just think of it as a typical Utah suburb. Clean, lots of fairly new construction, breathtaking mountain views, and lily white.

Fall River, Massachusetts

Old 05-26-2021, 06:32 PM

899 posts, read 521,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I just think of it as a typical Utah suburb. Clean, lots of fairly new construction, breathtaking mountain views, and lily white.

Fall River, Massachusetts
It's very similar to New Bedford, which isn't that good. But if a Boston exodus occurs like San Francisco and Los Angeles occurs, it might get recognition, like Fresno.

Green Bay, Wisconsin

Old 05-26-2021, 07:23 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,897,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
It's very similar to New Bedford, which isn't that good. But if a Boston exodus occurs like San Francisco and Los Angeles occurs, it might get recognition, like Fresno.

Green Bay, Wisconsin

Totally frustrated and annoyed with Aaron Rodgers. Lambeau dominating the town. Best beers and brats. Quiet and cold.

Corpus Christi TX

Old 05-26-2021, 10:10 PM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Totally frustrated and annoyed with Aaron Rodgers. Lambeau dominating the town. Best beers and brats. Quiet and cold.

Corpus Christi TX
Seems like it's a military town, and also port for Gulf barges. I remember reading Whataburger was once headquartered there, too. Also I think the museum for the Mexican American singer Selena, is located there.

Lafayette, LA

Old 05-27-2021, 07:17 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,968,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Lafayette, LA
The heart of Cajun culture. Said by many to be the best food city in the United States; even better than New Orleans as it's more authentic and not neutered for tourists.

Pine Bluff, Arkansas

Old 05-27-2021, 08:48 AM

3,897 posts, read 2,214,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
The heart of Cajun culture. Said by many to be the best food city in the United States; even better than New Orleans as it's more authentic and not neutered for tourists.

Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Was once a city with a bright future. Not so much now. Fort Myers FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City