Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2022, 07:06 PM

899 posts, read 518,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
It looks like it is a nice older city, that's for sure. I like its downtown, myself. Seems like it kinda has gotten a little forgotten, as a lot of stores moved away from downtown towards the newer US 13 alignment? Anyway, I hope it's downtown can stay vibrant.

One of the more interesting downtowns off of US 50 in my opinion, between Washington, DC and Ocean City that ISN'T Salisbury: Easton, MD
It's a decent town in Eastern Maryland, an area that has far worse places.

Mt. Juliet, TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 03:32 PM

1,098 posts, read 902,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
It's a decent town in Eastern Maryland, an area that has far worse places.

Mt. Juliet, TN
A mix of newer McMansions and cranky, entitled old people who think the traffic is getting really really bad. Cracker Barrel and leaf blowers, comfortable but not a ton going on. White bread heaven. Very close to Nashville, not that you’d ever want to go there with all of the homeless people and crime. Thanks Biden. God Bless Dave Ramsey. I grew up around a very similar demographic (from what I can tell)

Wow, I’m on one today. Sorry, Mt. Juliet lol

Norwalk, OH

Last edited by Jame22; 03-14-2022 at 04:13 PM..

Old 03-15-2022, 04:55 AM

2,543 posts, read 2,865,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
A mix of newer McMansions and cranky, entitled old people who think the traffic is getting really really bad. Cracker Barrel and leaf blowers, comfortable but not a ton going on. White bread heaven. Very close to Nashville, not that you’d ever want to go there with all of the homeless people and crime. Thanks Biden. God Bless Dave Ramsey. I grew up around a very similar demographic (from what I can tell)

Wow, I’m on one today. Sorry, Mt. Juliet lol

Norwalk, OH
Run-of-the-mill small city in northern Ohio that's nearly equidistant to Downtown Cleveland and Downtown Toledo but likely associates more with the Cleveland metro. Seems to have a slightly better QOL than nearby Sandusky. The town seems to being doing alright economically and is probably one of the better places you could live outside of the top 6-7 major metro areas of the state.

Rexburg, ID

Old 03-15-2022, 12:26 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Run-of-the-mill small city in northern Ohio that's nearly equidistant to Downtown Cleveland and Downtown Toledo but likely associates more with the Cleveland metro. Seems to have a slightly better QOL than nearby Sandusky. The town seems to being doing alright economically and is probably one of the better places you could live outside of the top 6-7 major metro areas of the state.

Rexburg, ID
Small town not far from one of Idaho's larger cities Idaho Falls. Texarkana TX/AR?

Old 03-15-2022, 02:49 PM

1,098 posts, read 902,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Small town not far from one of Idaho's larger cities Idaho Falls. Texarkana TX/AR?
Drove through there a couple of times. Definitely a rough, sketchy area

Eureka, CA

Last edited by Jame22; 03-15-2022 at 03:10 PM..

Old 03-16-2022, 12:17 AM

73 posts, read 44,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Drove through there a couple of times. Definitely a rough, sketchy area

Eureka, CA
A hipster type town tucked away in Northern California's coastline.

Moore, OK

Old 03-16-2022, 06:09 AM

1,804 posts, read 1,953,570 times
Typical Sprawlville in a metro that's below average in terms of fun for its size. Looking at the traditional town center, even the "point zero" (or point 100 in this case) intersection shows a gas station and bank with surface parking on two of the corners, a municipal building on the third, and what little "urban" excitement being just half of a block down one side of the fourth corner. I'm more annoyed that there's a sign halfway down one block that says "old town", when in reality, most of the buildings are pretty modern (1960s and up):

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.3382...7i16384!8i8192

It does have a pretty bright future however, but I'm hoping it can have a more "complete" town center with transit down the road.

Visalia, CA

Old 03-17-2022, 05:54 PM

899 posts, read 518,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Typical Sprawlville in a metro that's below average in terms of fun for its size. Looking at the traditional town center, even the "point zero" (or point 100 in this case) intersection shows a gas station and bank with surface parking on two of the corners, a municipal building on the third, and what little "urban" excitement being just half of a block down one side of the fourth corner. I'm more annoyed that there's a sign halfway down one block that says "old town", when in reality, most of the buildings are pretty modern (1960s and up):

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.3382...7i16384!8i8192

It does have a pretty bright future however, but I'm hoping it can have a more "complete" town center with transit down the road.

Visalia, CA
One of the nicer places in the Central Valley. Visalia is pretty cheap for California standards, so it may be a good investment.

Sanford, ME

Old 03-18-2022, 03:36 PM

202 posts, read 250,886 times
Sanford, Me has a certain charm to it, but looks very, very boring-especially for young people. Probably not a bad city for a retiree. Invest in the downtown area and I see potential.

Maplewood, NJ

Old 03-18-2022, 04:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixjohe View Post
A hipster type town tucked away in Northern California's coastline.

Moore, OK
From being smaller, it's not as good of an Oklahoma City suburb to live in as Edmond. Remarkable it's still able to grow at a good rate even after two legendary F5 tornadoes.

Wichita Falls, TX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City