Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2022, 06:34 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Just kinda 'eh.' Very mediocre town. Really just a typical car-centric flyover city. Not a bad place to live, but completely unremarkable in every way. Not very vibrant. It's biggest selling point of its low cost of living.

Colorado Springs, CO
That has got to be the most to-the-point, no-fluff description of any city that I have ever read. Kudos! (Really, I'm being serious. I literally laughed out loud at this one.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Decent town in Nebraska with a higher Hispanic population than I expected.

Elkhart, IN
I read a book some time ago that was talking about various towns, and what came up about Elkhart is the cruising culture that they apparently have there. So I picture people there spending their Saturday night just cruising up and down the main drag. Maybe because there's nothing else to do?

Port St. Lucie, FL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 07:19 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
That has got to be the most to-the-point, no-fluff description of any city that I have ever read. Kudos! (Really, I'm being serious. I literally laughed out loud at this one.)

I read a book some time ago that was talking about various towns, and what came up about Elkhart is the cruising culture that they apparently have there. So I picture people there spending their Saturday night just cruising up and down the main drag. Maybe because there's nothing else to do?

Port St. Lucie, FL
Port St. Lousy.

Kidding. I wasn’t overall excited with the city, but it’s nice for a quiet retirement enclave.

Huntington, NY (Long Island).

Old 03-23-2022, 01:37 PM

613 posts, read 327,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Port St. Lousy.

Kidding. I wasn’t overall excited with the city, but it’s nice for a quiet retirement enclave.

Huntington, NY (Long Island).
Wealthy LI suburb with beaches

Albany, New York

Old 03-23-2022, 01:46 PM

3,446 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Wealthy LI suburb with beaches

Albany, New York
Looks like a good capitol city, and even complete with it being one of the few cities in NY state(other few include Buffalo, and also NYC) where bars stay open till 4am. Also, Washington Park in Albany looks pretty nice, too.

And ah what the heck, let's bring up a smaller town(complete with a SUNY college in it, and shockingly Five Guys actually has a location here!) for once here. Since too often, such smaller towns don't often get brought up in this thread: Potsdam, NY

Old 03-24-2022, 02:02 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Potsdam, NY
Snowy and isolated small college town.

Pensacola, Florida

Old 03-24-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Snowy and isolated small college town.

Pensacola, Florida
Beach town in the Panhandle of Florida with military bases

Atlantic City, New Jersey

Old 03-24-2022, 02:35 PM

14,169 posts, read 9,064,342 times
Quote:
Beach town in the Panhandle of Florida with military bases

Atlantic City, New Jersey
No longer "the South Bronx by the Sea" but rather a curious and interesting mix of glitz and grime.

Asbury Park, N.J.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
No longer "the South Bronx by the Sea" but rather a curious and interesting mix of glitz and grime.

Asbury Park, N.J.
Jersey Shore town popular among the LGBT people and also put on an album name of Bruce Springsteen

Another small Upstate/Western New York town: Olean, New York

Old 03-25-2022, 01:11 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Another small Upstate/Western New York town: Olean, New York
Scenic and snowy; large Lebanese population, home to a Catholic college (St. Bonaventure).

Vero Beach, Florida

Old 03-25-2022, 03:01 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Scenic and snowy; large Lebanese population, home to a Catholic college (St. Bonaventure).

Vero Beach, Florida
Strikes me as a town that comes alive during spring break and quiet most of the time. Halifax, NS Canada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City