Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2022, 12:35 PM

3,897 posts, read 2,214,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Wasn't one of the railroads long ago, named after Quincy and used in part of that RR's former name? Anyway it seems like a smaller Mississippi River city, with a lot of history. There's still a small private college in Quincy, as well. Seems like it's be an interesting small city to visit, per what I see on street view.

Btw do note THIS THREAD IS the 'give your opinion about ___ city/town', NOT the one where you talk about what ____ city/town is most similar too. Though I can understand your post, since a page or 2 back I accidentally mistaken this thread(saying your opinion of ____ city/town) for the other thread 'what is ____ city/town most similar to(and to state that other city/town)'.

And as for the previous town Dexter, MO, I think it's cool(if Wikipedia is INDEED right?) that it was named after a racing horse. Otherwise, I couldn't google anything else about the town of Dexter that stood out to me.

Wenatchee, WA
Sorry about that. Let me try again. Seems like a nice quiet town near a lot of park and wildlands. Important agricultural area. Vancouver, WA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2022, 01:16 PM

2,351 posts, read 2,307,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Sorry about that. Let me try again. Seems like a nice quiet town near a lot of park and wildlands. Important agricultural area. Vancouver, WA?
A not particularly nice quasi-urban suburb of Portland. I want to like it, but the areas just east are better.

Amelia Island, FL

Old 06-13-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
A not particularly nice quasi-urban suburb of Portland. I want to like it, but the areas just east are better.

Amelia Island, FL
Really touristy and seems kind of mysterious as well. San Augustine FL?

Old 07-12-2022, 07:18 AM

613 posts, read 329,095 times
Quote:
Really touristy and seems kind of mysterious as well. San Augustine FL?
Lots of history and character. Touristy

Ocean City, NJ

Old 07-12-2022, 07:46 AM

14,201 posts, read 9,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Lots of history and character. Touristy

Ocean City, NJ
Very family-friendly but overbuilt (like most of the Jersey shore). And everyone stocks up on booze at the Circle Liquor Store before getting on the Ninth Street causeway into the city, which is dry.

Ocean City, MD

Old 07-12-2022, 07:22 PM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Very family-friendly but overbuilt (like most of the Jersey shore). And everyone stocks up on booze at the Circle Liquor Store before getting on the Ninth Street causeway into the city, which is dry.

Ocean City, MD
Seems like from what I've read about there, and street viewed, that it's a touristy beach town in the Delmarva Peninsula. And often a popular destination, for those from the DC area. Like numerous such NJ beach cities/towns, this one also has a boardwalk.

Speaking of places that are popular with tourists, this one has a lot of historic buildings too: Galena, IL

Old 07-13-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Seems like from what I've read about there, and street viewed, that it's a touristy beach town in the Delmarva Peninsula. And often a popular destination, for those from the DC area. Like numerous such NJ beach cities/towns, this one also has a boardwalk.

Speaking of places that are popular with tourists, this one has a lot of historic buildings too: Galena, IL
Small town with a lot of preserved history which is really cool. Burlingame CA

Old 02-06-2023, 10:45 AM

1,808 posts, read 1,960,521 times
Quote:
Small town with a lot of preserved history which is really cool. Burlingame CA
Exclusive San Francisco suburb populated by the wealthy, full of IT/tech wealth, in particular those associated with Meta (Facebook's parent). Great to live if you can afford it, but rather sterile for visiting.

Hastings-on-Hudson, NY

Old 02-06-2023, 11:13 AM

83 posts, read 70,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Exclusive San Francisco suburb populated by the wealthy, full of IT/tech wealth, in particular those associated with Meta (Facebook's parent). Great to live if you can afford it, but rather sterile for visiting.

Hastings-on-Hudson, NY
It's close to NY while feeling much more peaceful, unlike Yonkers. Access to Metro North and not too far from the Hudson Highlands, a definite plus. Weather's pretty good, too. Don't know much else, it's probably relatively wealthy, though.

Farmington, NM

Old 02-06-2023, 06:02 PM

2,550 posts, read 2,876,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teegurr View Post
It's close to NY while feeling much more peaceful, unlike Yonkers. Access to Metro North and not too far from the Hudson Highlands, a definite plus. Weather's pretty good, too. Don't know much else, it's probably relatively wealthy, though.

Farmington, NM
Decent-sized town in a very pretty part of the southwest US. Seems to have quite a bit of culture between the Hispanic and Native American influences. Albuquerque is 3 hours away for big city amenities. Don't think I'd ever have any reason to visit but it seems like like it'd be an underrated place to retire.

Lancaster, PA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City