Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 09:20 PM

9,602 posts, read 9,201,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Hadn't been there, but it seems like(from what I looked up) a depressed city that probably once had more industrial jobs. Maybe one day, that town will bounce back? And I know Amtrak trains stop there.

Greensboro, NC
A big town. Greensboro provides decent housing and amenities. Downtown is rather small, but growing. I like that Greensboro has a good road network and close to Winston Salem. Wake Forest is also a nice school. The city would be better with more investment in downtown similar to Greenville, SC or Asheville, NC.

Lexington, KY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 09:02 AM

13,375 posts, read 7,676,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Lexington, KY
Lexington is mainly known for two things: Horses, and the University of Kentucky.

I visited Lexington once years ago. Nothing really stuck out to me as especially good or bad about it. It had some run down neighborhoods near its city center, and I didn't find UK's campus to be anything to write home about.

Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Old 04-21-2021, 09:43 AM

13,945 posts, read 8,793,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Lexington is mainly known for two things: Horses, and the University of Kentucky.

I visited Lexington once years ago. Nothing really stuck out to me as especially good or bad about it. It had some run down neighborhoods near its city center, and I didn't find UK's campus to be anything to write home about.

Winston-Salem, North Carolina
That place is smoking!

It also kidnapped Wake Forest University and moved it there from outside Raleigh. Biggest city in the North Carolina Piedmont and former home of Wachovia (which a friend of mine from the region told me locals called "Walk-Over-Ya") Bank before it imploded and got scooped up by Wells Fargo.*

*We have a very handsome stone-clad skyscraper on South Broad Street here, built in 1927 as the home of the Fidelity-Philadelphia Trust Company, later the Fidelity Bank. The stone inscription over its main entrance has had to be altered four times since the 1990s as Fidelity was acquired by First Fidelity Bank of New Jersey, then that bank was acquired by North Carolina-based First Union, then Wachovia swallowed First Union, then Wells Fargo swept up Wachovia's ashes. A rival bank here made fun of the serial acquisitions in a marketing campaign that featured a takeover of a restaurant and a nail salon.

Lancaster, Pa.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:10 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,415,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
That place is smoking!

It also kidnapped Wake Forest University and moved it there from outside Raleigh. Biggest city in the North Carolina Piedmont and former home of Wachovia (which a friend of mine from the region told me locals called "Walk-Over-Ya") Bank before it imploded and got scooped up by Wells Fargo.*

*We have a very handsome stone-clad skyscraper on South Broad Street here, built in 1927 as the home of the Fidelity-Philadelphia Trust Company, later the Fidelity Bank. The stone inscription over its main entrance has had to be altered four times since the 1990s as Fidelity was acquired by First Fidelity Bank of New Jersey, then that bank was acquired by North Carolina-based First Union, then Wachovia swallowed First Union, then Wells Fargo swept up Wachovia's ashes. A rival bank here made fun of the serial acquisitions in a marketing campaign that featured a takeover of a restaurant and a nail salon.

Lancaster, Pa.
Pretty Amish country. Beautiful countryside and downtown. Really good location.

Lakeland, FL

Old 04-21-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Lakeland, FL
The corporate home of Publix, the best supermarket chain in the United States; although the first Publix store was actually located in nearby Winter Haven. Lakeland is a pleasant Central Florida city halfway between Orlando and Tampa that has seen a lot of growth over the past 25 years or so.

Laredo, Texas

Old 04-21-2021, 10:53 AM

16,295 posts, read 10,319,328 times
Quote:
The corporate home of Publix, the best supermarket chain in the United States; although the first Publix store was actually located in nearby Winter Haven. Lakeland is a pleasant Central Florida city halfway between Orlando and Tampa that has seen a lot of growth over the past 25 years or so.

Laredo, Texas
The southern terminus of I-35, and future terminus of I-2 and I-69W. Aaaaaaand, that's all I've got.

Texarkana, AR/TX

Old 04-21-2021, 01:09 PM

6,323 posts, read 4,846,657 times
Town at Texas' northeast corner, bordering Arkansas and a bit down the road from Louisiana. R.E.M. has a song named after it.

Danville, IL

Old 04-21-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Danville, IL
Agriculture. It's a hub for Eastern Illinois farm country and its residents primarily service that industry and its workers in one way or another. It's a dying town.

Las Cruces, New Mexico

Old 04-21-2021, 01:31 PM

899 posts, read 502,684 times
Quote:
Agriculture. It's a hub for Eastern Illinois farm country and its residents primarily service that industry and its workers in one way or another. It's a dying town.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
On the better side of New Mexico cities. I like its proximity to El Paso and Ciudad Juarez.

South Miami, Florida

Old 04-21-2021, 03:28 PM

53 posts, read 31,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
On the better side of New Mexico cities. I like its proximity to El Paso and Ciudad Juarez.

South Miami, Florida
Traveled there for the first time over a month ago. Very scenic with beautiful beaches and Art Deco-style architecture. Soo many luxury cars, I was amazed. Also, the tourists/spring breakers there are wild lol.

Baltimore, MD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City