Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which metropolitan area is overall better, and would rather live in?
New York metropolitan area 147 50.17%
Los Angeles metropolitan area 107 36.52%
Miami metropolitan area 39 13.31%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
And to back up my claims that downtown LA is revitalizing and to ward off the trolls hear are some pic's of the revitalization and gentrification of downtown LA.

New theater by LA Live

LA Live

density shot

referbished historic building

improving street view

density shot of surrounding area near downtown.

signs of change

views of Koreatown

revitalizing of historic buildings

century city

EXACTLY, downtown LA has LA Live. Who said downtown LA wasn't entertaining? That's crazy. Who said what about DT LA?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 PM

804 posts, read 2,402,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
EXACTLY, downtown LA has LA Live. Who said downtown LA wasn't entertaining? That's crazy. Who said what about DT LA?

this guy.

Quote:
Los Angeles is bright outside of the Westside? Have we been to the same Los Angeles? Also, downtown LA is nasty..and I've never heard anyone refer to it as "beautiful". LA is essentially a polluted rundown dump outside of the Westside and Hollywood Hills. If we want to be selective, New York has Manhattan, Los Angeles has the Westside and Miami has Miami Beach. Manhattan is the most populated out of the aforementioned areas.

Anyway, Miami is just too 3rd world for me. It's too poor/uneducated/dangerous and I don't want to live in South America.

It would be New York then LA. New York is overall the best place to reside.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
this guy.
Figures.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:07 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,188,834 times
Quote:
this guy.
The only people I know who have actually been to LA and consider it to be dirty and polluted as apposed to a beautiful urban city with tones to do are some friends form San Diego. They do live in California so I'll give them that. Everyone else I know that has visited LA has said it was beautiful and interesting town. Everyone complains about the traffic though.

Architecturally speaking, LA is right up there with places like Hong Kong, New York, London, and Paris as far as firms, reputation, and over all architecture. It is one of the world is one of the worlds leading cities as far as innovation in architectural design. It's just that most of LA's famous architecture is not skyscrapers so they seem to go unnoticed on C-D.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
The only people I know who have actually been to LA and consider it to be dirty and polluted as apposed to a beautiful urban city with tones to do are some friends form San Diego. They do live in California so I'll give them that. Everyone else I know that has visited LA has said it was beautiful and interesting town. Everyone complains about the traffic though.

Architecturally speaking, LA is right up there with places like Hong Kong, New York, London, and Paris as far as firms, reputation, and over all architecture. It is one of the world is one of the worlds leading cities as far as innovation in architectural design. It's just that most of LA's famous architecture is not skyscrapers so they seem to go unnoticed on C-D.
So true. That mentality is so boring. It has so many architectural GIANTS, just not in the traditional form of buildings and skyscrapers.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:25 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,365,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBch View Post
Which metropolitan area is overall better? Lifestyle, climate, enterteiment etc.?
Where would you rather live? Why?
I’ll leave it to the masses to figure out what city is the best (I actually like them all)…but here are a few good pics of tropical Miami/Ft.Lauderdale…where the heat never stops...

Central Miami

FT.Lauderdale

Intercoastal heading over to Miami Beach

South Beach...

The art deco district (I love it...it feels like I'm in another time).

The beaches and the resorts and the FB...

Some freinds

Cape Florida...and heading down to the Keys...

Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,188,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
So true. That mentality is so boring. It has so many architectural GIANTS, just not in the traditional form of buildings and skyscrapers.
Lovell House, Freeman House, and the Disney Concert Hall are some of the first buildings that come to mind. Frank Gary and Morphosis are two of the most famous architecture firms in the world and SCI-Arc, USC, and UCLA are 3 of the leading architecture schools in the world. Not that anyone has done it on this thread, but anyone who suggest that LA is a second class city for architecture really doesn't know what they are talking about.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,696,064 times
Well, those are some very impressive photos of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. Florida does have some good things about it like that nice ocean breeze. I had good Cuban food when I visited there. Makes me want to go down to FL again

Old 11-04-2009, 12:30 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
I don't care what negatives anybody has to say about Los Angeles, Miami, and New York. I love all 3 cities. They're all beautiful, fun, etc.

Miami has the best climate of the three IMO.

I'd probably choose to live in the Los Angeles Metro or the Miami Metro, LA seems more family friendly though.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I don't care what negatives anybody has to say about Los Angeles, Miami, and New York. I love all 3 cities. They're all beautiful, fun, etc.

Miami has the best climate of the three IMO.

I'd probably choose to live in the Los Angeles Metro or the Miami Metro, LA seems more family friendly though.
Best comment I have heard yet on this whole thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City