Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which metropolitan area is overall better, and would rather live in?
New York metropolitan area 147 50.17%
Los Angeles metropolitan area 107 36.52%
Miami metropolitan area 39 13.31%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 05:22 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,748 times

Advertisements

New York is no doubt the best, but I'd rather live in Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 02:38 PM

430 posts, read 1,650,472 times
Miami all day everyday, tired of hearing about how great LA and New York is, not impressed with them at all. LA too sprawl, too congested, too smoggy, too hollywood, too polluted, oceans too cold, and over crowded, yuck. New york, way too crowded, not pretty at all, a bunch of old buildings, and horrible weather, not impressed with the suburbs in either, all of So cal other than LA is a giant suburb, yes I am including San Diego, the biggest suburb of them all. Miami beautiful culture, beautiful people, great culture, and great food, get things to see, nightlife, daylife, pro sports team, easy to navigate, clean air, clear blue warm ocean, great skyline, nice transportation system, and crime is greatly reducing, bahamas, yachts, everything you need without the drive of Los Angeles or New york hassle! New york way too expensive for a shack, no thanks, and Los Angeles is too white in their greater parts too, I'd rather live in Miami where this is a great mix of different backgrounds doing big things.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:10 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,981,478 times
LA

It would feel most like the two major cities I've lived in already, Dallas & Houston.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:47 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,434 times
NYC metro for me, Ive already lived in the Miami metro and it's pretty lame. LA's metro would be a close 2nd but I like four seasons and the fact that NYC is part of the NYC metro.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:19 AM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBch View Post
Which metropolitan area is overall better? Lifestyle, climate, enterteiment etc.?
Where would you rather live? Why?
Live in order:

NY
Miami
LA

Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 PM

940 posts, read 2,026,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
... all of So cal other than LA is a giant suburb, yes I am including San Diego, the biggest suburb of them all, blah blah blah
What do you think all of south Florida is outside of Miami and Miami Beach?

I just recently vacationed in Miami and wasn't all that impressed. Miami beach is fun, I liked the architecture, and obviously the beaches are nice. But Miami itself was just an uglier, lower-rise, more dangerous, less-vibrant LA with a small downtown ringed with soulless condo high-rises that are dead at street level. I guess Coral Gables was nice, but it also just seemed like a wannabe Beverly Hills/Pasadena/Santa Monica.

I don't mean to talk so much trash, but I don't see how you could see Miami as less of a "giant suburb" than LA. It felt much more suburban than LA except in South Beach.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:35 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,977,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
Miami all day everyday, tired of hearing about how great LA and New York is, not impressed with them at all. LA too sprawl, too congested, too smoggy, too hollywood, too polluted, oceans too cold, and over crowded, yuck. New york, way too crowded, not pretty at all, a bunch of old buildings, and horrible weather, not impressed with the suburbs in either, all of So cal other than LA is a giant suburb, yes I am including San Diego, the biggest suburb of them all. Miami beautiful culture, beautiful people, great culture, and great food, get things to see, nightlife, daylife, pro sports team, easy to navigate, clean air, clear blue warm ocean, great skyline, nice transportation system, and crime is greatly reducing, bahamas, yachts, everything you need without the drive of Los Angeles or New york hassle! New york way too expensive for a shack, no thanks, and Los Angeles is too white in their greater parts too, I'd rather live in Miami where this is a great mix of different backgrounds doing big things.
This from the poster who has claimed all kinds of contradictory details about his life.

In one thread you claim to be single, NO KIDS looking to move to So. Calif.
What is the best way to start out living in Hermosa/Manhattan beach area for housing?

In another thread you claim to be MARRIED with KIDS and that you just moved back from San Diego to Miami (Coral Gables).
Miami vs. San Diego

Yet, in another thread, you ask about Miami's humidity because you've NEVER lived there.
How Tolerable is the Humidity in South Florida?

In this thread you say you slept through an earthquake in Orange County, CA (as if you were a resident).
quake

Yet, in another thread you ask how Californians deal with earthquakes b/c you've NEVER lived there.

You are certifiable. Nothing wrong with opinions but just making stuff up to suit your cyber-world fantasy of the moment is pretty silly.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:03 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,867 times
Default Fraud

Yeah I know this guy is a fraud. I don't understand why people lie on Citydata. mt971x please stop it your making yourself look silly.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,263,650 times
the older i get, weather is a bigger factor.

would have to go with LA.

Miami in the summer is too hot.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:55 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
the older i get, weather is a bigger factor.

would have to go with LA.

Miami in the summer is too hot.

The older I get, the more I'm amazed by those attempting to minimize the significance of climate to daily life, as if preferring a milder clime is merely hedonistic. Sustainability is another issue, but I digress.

Food, shelter, clothing. All shaped by weather, all made easier in CA.

Food. You can grow longer in this state, and if you are fortunate enough to have a yard, the alluvial soil in LA basin is rich. Its amazing what can grow here given the chance. World class wine and pot do not suck. Snide comments about fruits and nuts aside, agriculture is huge economic driver.

Shelter on a large here was relatively inexpensive to build, facilitating the region's rapid growth. For all the abuse heaped on suburbs, they provided a basic dignity for millions of people seeking relief from their existing living conditions, often caused by more extreme weather elsewhere. The climate also allows for indoor/outdoor design and construction which we take for granted, but otherwise boost as "lifestyle".

Clothing. We need less. If you want to pimp out at night or wear layers in winter, you are free to do so. I'd still trade all that for perving, er cruising the Strand in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City