Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 04:25 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,573,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
You do realize you live in a suburb right?
Yes, but my suburb is fully walkable and has full train and bus access.

http://www.classictowns.org/collingswood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 04:28 PM

763 posts, read 1,299,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post

Collingswood | Classic Towns of Greater Philadelphia
Maybe, but about 75% still drive a vehicle alone according to the city profile on CD which makes it no better than any other suburb of a major city

Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,573,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Maybe, but about 75% still drive a vehicle alone according to the city profile on CD which makes it no better than any other suburb of a major city
I dont agree with those numbers, I know many that dont even own a car and work in Philadelphia.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:46 PM

763 posts, read 1,299,464 times
Quote:
I dont agree with those numbers, I know many that dont even own a car and work in Philadelphia.
I guess the facts compiled by CD are wrong since you disagree

Old 07-21-2009, 05:19 PM

9 posts, read 18,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Frankly, almost everything posted on city-data forums is subjective. Even the polls that are posted seem to be scripted as to reach someone's intended conclusion. Then, when they don't end up that way, it's like someone had shot their dog.
Additionally, many city-data posts take very specific liberty in how they subjectively carve up data, etc. for boosterism reasons.
So, in the end, asking people "what's the best city?" is an exercise in futility.
I am interested in hearing why people think their city is the best. No one cares about why you think people post things on these threads. If you have an opinion on a city that you want to contribute lets hear it, if not go away.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:27 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,706,499 times
Quote:

Collingswood | Classic Towns of Greater Philadelphia
Nice as long as its walkable and has tranportation of train and bus is a great suburb, not all suburbs has these types of transportation.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:38 AM

403 posts, read 1,395,067 times
My top 5...

1. New York City
2. San Francisco
3. Los Angeles (west LA, Santa Monica, west hollywood, manhattan beach to be exact)
4. Chicago
5. Boston

Old 07-25-2009, 06:44 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,524,751 times
All the cities mentioned here are too big for my tastes. I prefer small town life where I can walk to where I need to go without being in a crowd. Slower pace of life is where my heart is and yes, everything is subjective. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City