Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,711,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
wow i didnt know paris had a messed up side.

Those were some GREAT pics of houston though.
Paris has a couple of huge "messed" up sides.They are far from the city's main areas though.The equivalent distance of the suburbs here in the states.They are the worst i have seen anywhere,Even in the states.A friend from their showed me this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mnxSbZT7uc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,757,076 times
I'm LOL'ing @ people trying to compare HOUSTON to Paris. Paris has it's rough areas like any other city, but they are very far from the city. You probably know of them from the riots.

Houston is just ugly all over.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:37 AM

Seriously, that first photograph with all the billboards russianoligarch posted of Houston that got some of you fired up was NOT a bad part. It's actually a good representation of how the main roads of Houston (with all the stripmalls, billboards). The Paris pictures with the pretty buildings are actually representative of how the main areas of Paris look.

That Houston picture is on FM 1960 zip code 77090 and here are the demographics of that zip code:

Median Household Income: $43,965
Demographics: 57.7% white, 18% black, 17% Hispanic, 50.6% with some college or bachelors degree.

So posting pictures of a ghetto in Paris is a very very far stretch when the ghettos of Houston haven't even been mentioned or shown.

Last edited by Americanboy; 07-31-2009 at 12:55 AM..

Old 07-31-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Paris has a couple of huge "messed" up sides.They are far from the city's main areas though.The equivalent distance of the suburbs here in the states.They are the worst i have seen anywhere,Even in the states.A friend from their showed me this.
I honestly doubt you've been to Paris. You've obviously never ventured throughout your own city of Atlanta if you think that video is bad.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:47 AM

11,327 posts, read 20,240,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
I honestly doubt you've been to Paris. You've obviously never ventured throughout your own city of Atlanta if you think that video is bad.
I'm inclined to agree with you on that one.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:12 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,711,473 times
Default Did I hurt Your feelings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
If you have an issue with what I said.Simply prove me wrong.Fact is you cannot.So because I said something you and your "peanut gallery" ,did not like about one of the great cities of the world,you decided to attack me personally?Gee are you that imbalanced or delicate?If you would have cared more to read my other post,I never said Paris was bad.So leave your attitude where it belongs..with you.If I stated something that was untrue,then say what it was and move on.I just stated something that people even from Paris don't even realize is in their own backyard. Why would you care to make a judgement about me and where I have been based on one thing I said?Was it not true?Are those places made up?If they are then prove it not to be true instead of your silly defensive remarks.
You do not know where I have been.It should tell you how observant you are to notice that I live in Atlanta but did not notice that I was in The Air Force for 17 years,and could not figure that I probably have been out of Atlanta many times due to the nature of the military.Nor who I know.I can tell you one thing that Atlanta does not have areas where the police will not even go because they are to scared and get no respect.Since you seem to know so much.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:14 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,387,205 times
Quote:
I can tell you one thing that Atlanta does not have areas where the police will not even go because they are to scared and get no respect.Since you seem to know so much.
That's odd since there are considerably more murders in Atlanta despite the fact that it's 1/4 the size of Paris...

Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 AM

259 posts, read 449,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
That's odd since there are considerably more murders in Atlanta despite the fact that it's 1/4 the size of Paris...
That because most of Europe have more sensible management of guns and dont have every tom dick and harry carrying a piece.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:30 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,387,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesBloodAxe View Post
That because most of Europe have more sensible management of guns and dont have every tom dick and harry carrying a piece.
Hmmmm...don't allow everyone to carry guns? That almost makes too much sense.

That's strange they don't follow the school of thought which believes "if everyone had a gun, there wouldn't be any crime!"

Old 07-31-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
If you have an issue with what I said.Simply prove me wrong.Fact is you cannot.So because I said something you and your "peanut gallery" ,did not like about one of the great cities of the world,you decided to attack me personally?Gee are you that imbalanced or delicate?If you would have cared more to read my other post,I never said Paris was bad.So leave your attitude where it belongs..with you.If I stated something that was untrue,then say what it was and move on.I just stated something that people even from Paris don't even realize is in their own backyard. Why would you care to make a judgement about me and where I have been based on one thing I said?Was it not true?Are those places made up?If they are then prove it not to be true instead of your silly defensive remarks.
You do not know where I have been.It should tell you how observant you are to notice that I live in Atlanta but did not notice that I was in The Air Force for 17 years,and could not figure that I probably have been out of Atlanta many times due to the nature of the military.Nor who I know.I can tell you one thing that Atlanta does not have areas where the police will not even go because they are to scared and get no respect.Since you seem to know so much.
That is totally incorrect. Paris ghettos are way nicer than American ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City