Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:46 PM

155 posts, read 380,999 times

Advertisements

Orange county, fl. There always in a bad mood. And for some reason they hate the NYPD.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:12 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,376,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdaleny View Post
Orange county, fl. There always in a bad mood. And for some reason they hate the NYPD.
Do you have any proof to back up this ridiculous claim?

Old 08-22-2009, 07:27 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,768,382 times
Dallas Police are good sometimes!

Old 08-22-2009, 07:42 AM

1,346 posts, read 4,217,037 times
There are 21 police forces on the street right now here in DC. MPD(Metropolitan Police) is the biggest. I'm not really too much of a fan. There are so many that most are not doing anything, especially downtown. Some are good, some are bad, just like any other PD. My opinion is a little biased since I trash talk them all the time anyway with myself being DCFD.(We are pretty much rivals)

I work with some guys that were firefighters back in Michigan before coming to DC. One worked in Highland Park(Detroit), and the other in Flint. They both said that the cops were terrible. They joked that in the Detroit Police Academy, they actually teach you from Day 1 to be corrupt.

One thing many of you don't realize though is that some cops have to have that @sshole attitude. If they work in a big city, especially in a rough area, they deal with a lot of crap. If they try to be the nice guy, they will end up being taken advantage of. They can't let their guard down. Even as a fireman in a big city it happens. You could be performing CPR on a guy that was shot while the guy that shot him is behind you threatening you not to save his live or your next.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:23 AM

754 posts, read 1,923,802 times
Hoover, AL. They look like the gestapo and are proud of acting like them too! They "protect" a city of about 70,000 and most of the residents are middle class with a diversity of:
  • White Non-Hispanic (85.5%)
  • Black (6.8%)
  • Hispanic (3.8%)
  • Other race (1.4%)
  • Two or more races (1.1%)
  • Asian Indian (1.0%)
  • Chinese (0.7%)
And yet they have every piece of equipment (seems like) that our military has and they love showing them off. They have a divison called I.C.E. which is short for Interstate Criminal Enforcement. I am sorry, are they enforcing crimes now? I suspect they like ICE on the side of their cars so they made it fit in a very stupid way. Every one in the Metro area of Birmingham knows that you avoid Hoover not to avoid crime (which isn't prevalent but, with all that posturing going on you would think it either wouldn't exist at all or was way out of control) you go around to avoid the Officers. The perception here is they are bought and paid for and spend their time harrassing street people, middle-class, blacks and teenagers. They have gotten in trouble for rape and excessive force too - and I don't think we hear the half of it.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:08 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,902,064 times
This one isn't going to go on. We've been down this route before with similar threads, and they turn into little more than a cop-bashing festival. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City