Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:59 PM

398 posts, read 1,040,928 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I know Arlington very well, and basically none of this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
There are bus lines all over Arlington. It's essentially a part of DC.
Definitely false. Arlington does not have very good bus service. There is only service on major roads, and it is nothing like in DC. And Arlington is NOTHING like DC. It's an inner suburb, like Shaker Heights (outside Cleveland), Westchester County (outside NYC), etc.

The only really urban part of Arlington is along the metro line, but this is only along Wilson Boulevard. One block off Wilson and you are back in the inner suburbs.
Quote:
Not many areas have such easy access to public transportation.
You are one mile from the Metro! That is crazy far, especially in the heat, cold and rain. Nobody is going to walk two miles every day just to catch the train.

And your neighborhood doesn't even have sidewalks! I guess everyone drives to work, or maybe tries to find parking near the train.
Quote:
On weekdays, the Metro closed at 3am and opened back up at 5am.
What? The Metro closes at Midnight.

You actually need to be on the Metro by 11 PM at the latest, to be sure you catch the last train. It's only open later than Midnight on Friday and Saturday nights, but then it opens at 7AM on weekends.
Quote:
H-B Woodlawn, Yorktown, and Washington Lee High Schools were all close by and all ranked in the top 100 in the nation.
Arlington schools are good but not elite. Only Washington Lee is top-notch. The rest are pretty average for the burbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 09:12 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,635,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito57 View Post
Sorry, I know Arlington very well, and basically none of this is true.

And your neighborhood doesn't even have sidewalks! I guess everyone drives to work, or maybe tries to find parking near the train.

What? The Metro closes at Midnight.

You actually need to be on the Metro by 11 PM at the latest, to be sure you catch the last train. It's only open later than Midnight on Friday and Saturday nights, but then it opens at 7AM on weekends.

Arlington schools are good but not elite. Only Washington Lee is top-notch. The rest are pretty average for the burbs.
Friday and Saturday it's opened til 3am. It closes at 12 sun-thurs. I had it mixed up.

My neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks? LOL what are you talking about? Are you crazy? Have you walked around Arlington? Very few areas have no sidewalks. And H-B Woodlawn(#37), Washington-Lee(#68) and Yorktown(#100) are all ranked in the top 100 for public schools.. how is that not top notch? And H-B Woodlawn is better than WLee. Do you have any idea how many public high schools there are? To have 3 schools in the district ranked in the top 100 is phenomenal.

I'm really not sure what the heck you are talking about. I love it when people try to tell me about an area where I grew up. I must have walked on imaginary sidewalks and not taken the metro past midnight on the weekends LOL.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:56 AM

115 posts, read 266,714 times
Arlington, VA has to be one of the most boring places that I've ever lived and/or been to. I really don't see how anyone can live there unless they have no choice or a gun to there head.

Quote:
Friday and Saturday it's opened til 3am. It closes at 12 sun-thurs. I had it mixed up.

My neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks? LOL what are you talking about? Are you crazy? Have you walked around Arlington? Very few areas have no sidewalks. And H-B Woodlawn(#37), Washington-Lee(#68) and Yorktown(#100) are all ranked in the top 100 for public schools.. how is that not top notch? And H-B Woodlawn is better than WLee. Do you have any idea how many public high schools there are? To have 3 schools in the district ranked in the top 100 is phenomenal.

I'm really not sure what the heck you are talking about. I love it when people try to tell me about an area where I grew up. I must have walked on imaginary sidewalks and not taken the metro past midnight on the weekends LOL.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:09 AM

199 posts, read 220,448 times
honestly now... pittsburgh vs nyc... i mean seriously... is this seriously being debated here
why dont we compare a pogo stick to a ferrari enzo while we're at it
wtf

Old 08-21-2009, 11:27 AM

pittsburgh the best city in the universe, here is proof:

Top Polluted U.S. Cities With the Worst Air - ABC News
Report: Pittsburgh air dirtiest in nation - UPI.com
Top10: The World’s 10 Dirtiest Cities | This is Life (http://getwonder.com/06/top10-the-worlds-10-dirtiest-cities.html - broken link)

Old 08-21-2009, 11:42 AM

someone is mad awwww =(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City