Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Metro has the Best Shopping?
New York Metropolitan Area 81 54.36%
Los Angeles Metropolitan Area 30 20.13%
Chicago Metropolitan Area 12 8.05%
Other 26 17.45%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:03 PM

763 posts, read 1,298,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
There's high-end stores in each hotel on the strip, and some off the strip. Don't jump to conclusions until you actually visit there.

This is just the Bellagio hotel!!--

Armani, Dior, Chanel, Fendi, Gucci, Hermes, Tiffanys, Bottega Veneta, Fred Leighton, Prada, and Yves Saint Laurent.

Las Vegas Shopping - Via Bellagio
:dubi ous:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 12:03 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
I don't know if this is the sort of thing that can be determined that easily. I mean I'm from Orlando, we have every upscale store you can imagine from Bloomingdales to Tiffany. We have many areas with unique Boutiques for fashion and culture just like these other larger cities. Plus we have the absolue highest amount of outlet malls down by the attractions including Bass Pro to Neiman Marcus. In most of these cities I'm sure good shopping is available, in Orlando, it's a damn sure bet!
I know, I love shopping in Orlando it has a lot of outlets, it was in my top 4 or 5 .

Old 08-15-2009, 12:04 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Only you are finding this boring...we all find it boring that you started another fight on CD

If you want to look at it a different way, no one in Europe cares about NY shopping

Anyways I say LA has the top shopping in America, but any one of the 10 major cosmo cities in America (NY, LA, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, SF, DC, Boston and Miami) is going to have the full aray of upscale shopping options
Really? is that why I've met tons of European tourists who told me the main reason they came here is to shop?

Las Vegas is leagues ahead of anywhere in the south when it comes to shopping. I believe it's #4 in the country.

4,574 posts, read 7,498,900 times
Quote:
There's high-end stores in each hotel on the strip, and some off the strip. Don't jump to conclusions until you actually visit there.

This is just the Bellagio hotel!!--

Armani, Dior, Chanel, Fendi, Gucci, Hermes, Tiffanys, Bottega Veneta, Fred Leighton, Prada, and Yves Saint Laurent.

Las Vegas Shopping - Via Bellagio
Not to mention the stores at Caesars.

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Only you are finding this boring...we all find it boring that you started another fight on CD

If you want to look at it a different way, no one in Europe cares about NY shopping

Anyways I say LA has the top shopping in America, but any one of the 10 major cosmo cities in America (NY, LA, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, SF, DC, Boston and Miami) is going to have the full aray of upscale shopping options
I know I wasn't the only one who felt that way!

Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 PM

There's nothing exciting about the shopping in places in the south, except Miami.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Really? is that why I've met tons of European tourists who told me the main reason they came here is to shop?

Las Vegas is leagues ahead of anywhere in the south when it comes to shopping. I believe it's #4 in the country.
They came to visit, not for the specific reason of shopping. Same could be said for LA

Old 08-15-2009, 12:06 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,833,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Then let's get back on topic! I will start it off I wonder why Los Angeles does not have a Neiman Marcus,Barneys New York,Lord & Taylor,and Saks Fifth Avenue if there are one of the best places to shop!
Because theyre all in Beverly Hills.

Quote:
There's nothing exciting about the shopping in places in the south, except Miami.
There is nothing exciting about shopping in NYC, many Europeans have told me this

Quote:
They came to visit, not for the specific reason of shopping. Same could be said for LA

Oh yeah? You know because you're from the city, right?

There are different stores in NYC than there are in Europe. They're going to come here to shop. Anyway, NYC is top in fashion, so it's pretty obvious people come here to shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City