Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 01:53 PM

381 posts, read 814,164 times

Advertisements

I personally wouldn't include Vegas on any such list because its the city's main industry and caters to tourists.

"Real" nightlife should be primarily enjoyed by locals.

Just how I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 02:03 PM

379 posts, read 468,201 times
NYC
Miami
Montreal
Vegas

Boston
Toronto
SF
Chicago

Philadelphia
LA

(LA loses major points for shutting down at 2am. Lame)

Old 08-28-2009, 02:05 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,828,209 times
^^ Nice list I want to go to Montreal

Old 08-28-2009, 02:11 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,640,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraza9 View Post
NYC
Miami
Montreal
Vegas

Boston
Toronto
SF
Chicago

Philadelphia
LA

(LA loses major points for shutting down at 2am. Lame)
But Philly, SF, Toronto and Boston don't lost points for closing at 2am as well?

Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 PM

379 posts, read 468,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
But Philly, SF, Toronto and Boston don't lost points for closing at 2am as well?
Touche`. I guess my expectations of LA were really high and I was a little let down while I was staying there. Great city, and some awesome nightlife options, I just wish the venues would stay open later. Now the after hours places were great, mind you.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:18 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,640,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraza9 View Post
Touche`. I guess my expectations of LA were really high and I was a little let down while I was staying there. Great city, and some awesome nightlife options, I just wish the venues would stay open later. Now the after hours places were great, mind you.
I agree, it sucks how so many places across the country close at 2am while other cities get to stay open till 4am or later. There was an attempt to push last call to 4am in the big cities of CA but that went nowhere. I'm a night person and don't even like going out till midnight. I definitely take advantage of later last calls or no last call at all when visiting places like Vegas, New Orleans, NYC, etc...

Old 08-28-2009, 02:22 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,828,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I was shocked in Toronto but thats how it is

Old 08-29-2009, 10:36 AM

8 posts, read 7,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishimm View Post
I like your list, but Ive lived in Seattle for years, and I just cant see it being in the top 10.
I agree, Seattle nightlife is no where near the Top 10. The lack of hot girls alone drops it out of the Top 40!

Old 08-29-2009, 12:38 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,517,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsfanatic View Post
I personally wouldn't include Vegas on any such list because its the city's main industry and caters to tourists.

"Real" nightlife should be primarily enjoyed by locals.

Just how I see it.
So Vegas nightlife doesn't count, because its the main industry..huh? So there aren't locals in Vegas who go out to the clubs on the weekends? Honestly most of the cities people are listing have a fair number of tourists and suburbanites flocking to their bars and clubs. Whether its the "bridge and tunnel" crowd in New York or Bay Area suburbanites in North Beach in San Francisco on a weekend night, its usually not just locals crowding these joints.

I'm not as big a fan of Vegas nightlife now as I was when I was in my early 20s, but any list of nightlife cities in the US should include it. Just the fact that its one of the only real 24-hour cities in the US, unlike places such as Vancouver, BC where last call is around midnight at most of the bars.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:03 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,896,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Chicago and Philly??? Really???? And no Atlanta??? Really????? When it was Friday night and time to get clean and go out I was bored out my mind when I was in Chicago. And Philly was not much better either.
That's because Young Michael Jackson, It was past your bed time Papa Joe didn't want you hanging out with Emanuel Lewis again & tearing up another great city. When you were in Chi did you get in touch with Mcaulley Caulkin?

Or were you just left home alone? >...... drum roll..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City