Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are the best cities to meet single Black/African-American females, ages 21-30?
Boston 10 5.10%
Providence 5 2.55%
NYC 49 25.00%
Philadelphia 26 13.27%
Wilmington, DE 5 2.55%
Baltimore 24 12.24%
Washington, D.C. 93 47.45%
Richmond 7 3.57%
Hampton Roads, VA 11 5.61%
Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill 16 8.16%
Charlotte, NC 32 16.33%
Winston-Salem-Greensboro 5 2.55%
Atlanta 120 61.22%
Charleston, SC 6 3.06%
Savannah, GA 6 3.06%
Nashville 6 3.06%
Tampa-St. Pete 5 2.55%
Orlando 3 1.53%
Miami-Ft. Lauderdale 13 6.63%
New Orleans 22 11.22%
Houston 46 23.47%
Dallas 29 14.80%
Memphis 17 8.67%
Chicago 38 19.39%
St. Louis 14 7.14%
Cleveland 10 5.10%
Columbus, OH 7 3.57%
Detroit 19 9.69%
Milwaukee 6 3.06%
Other (please specify) 10 5.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 04:05 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
People also didn't workout in 1971 like they do in 2024. We are built very differently now than they were and muscle weighs more than fat. That is the point I have been making. I don't think BMI takes muscle into account. Go through IG and look at all the fitness influencers. Most of them are considered overweight if they are muscular based on BMI. Look at NFL players. Are the receivers, safeties, and corners overweight too?

Odell Beckham is 5'11 and weighs 198. His BMI is 27.6 which is overweight.
Why do you keep using athletes who are the 0.000001% of the American population?

And why do you keep ignoring that the median waist circumference of American men and women has increased?

Your argument would make sense if the average man didn't have a 40 inch waist line. You are in denial about how fat the average person has gotten. For every Odell Beckham, the are 10 guys who are built like Ced the Entertainer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2024, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I don't think it's arguable to consider professional American football players as healthy. They're competitive and skilled, but the kind of form they work towards they have is maybe under the umbrella of occupational hazard.
We got on this topic because I posted stats showing that young Black women in California (18-29) are substantially smaller than Black women elsewhere. Predictably, people started attacking BMI.

But BMI is simply a function of height and weight. That's all it is. So the question is why do the women in California weigh less? No one has bothered to answer that question. Instead we've gotten a whole bunch of deflections about 9% body fat millionaire athletes.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:11 AM

4,378 posts, read 4,617,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Last I checked, Bria Myles and Nia Long were black women.

My point is that despite all the "LA doesn't have many Black people" talk on here, it sure seems to generate a disproportionate number of attractive Black women. It also attracts a disproportionate number of attractive Black women from around the world.

Attractive Black women in Los Angeles would be considered "dimes" anywhere else. The best-looking women in other cities--and I am talking about the ones who are extraordinarily good-looking--usually wind up there or in NY at some point anyway.
You're using entertainers as your metric for LA Women. Majority of Black or Biracial women in LA are not actresses. BTW, I've been to a ton of cities, LA had some beautiful Black women but I've seen a lot more beautiful Black women in other cities by a good stretch. But seems to me your fixated on "Black" women who are biracial, "exotic" looking or white passing.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
You're using entertainers as your metric for LA Women. Majority of Black or Biracial women in LA are not actresses. BTW, I've been to a ton of cities, LA had some beautiful Black women but I've seen a lot more beautiful Black women in other cities by a good stretch. But seems to me your fixated on "Black" women who are biracial, "exotic" looking or white passing.
No. My point is that it makes no sense to say that a city has the best-looking women when it has virtually no representation in modeling/acting. The point is not that the average woman in LA or NY looks like the actresses and models there.

The large entertainment industry in LA shifts its bell curve to the right. The industry has a ripple effect throughout the region where there's more focus on appearance. Does that mean everyone in LA is an 8? No. But on average are people there more health/looks conscious than people in DC or Philly? Absolutely. This isn't even a question.

And it's not like I'm even being a homer here. I'm not from LA. But New York would definitely have a better argument than most cities with the emphasis on SIZE in this thread. If only sheer quantity matters, then it would be NY by far.

Old 02-29-2024, 07:27 AM

Jamaican cutie from the Bronx. Still waiting, MDAllStar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnFcy8gThD4

Old 02-29-2024, 08:14 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,416,543 times
Thread got real strange.
Quote:
I think the DMV gets overrated in this conversation. Usually the argument goes something like "they have master's degrees, houses and 100K jobs." The absence of those things are generally not disqualifying in the eyes of men.

Los Angeles gets underrated in this conversation. Tons of extremely fit and attractive Black women. And there's not as much competition for them because (a) the gender ratio is more skewed in men's favor compared to DC and (b) Black men in California are far more likely to date out. So it's an ideal place to be if you're a Black man who dates Black women.
DMV consistently ranks on the top for black women IRL and it has nothing to do with their money, which is not the top quality men look for. The women in the DMV have money so they can invest more in their appearance.

I don't agree that LA is underrated at all, nearly everyone considers LA/Southern California to have beautiful women of all races.

Old 02-29-2024, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
Thread got real strange.

DMV consistently ranks on the top for black women IRL and it has nothing to do with their money, which is not the top quality men look for. The women in the DMV have money so they can invest more in their appearance.

I don't agree that LA is underrated at all, nearly everyone considers LA/Southern California to have beautiful women of all races.
LA is not even listed in the poll.

I personally find the DMV to be overrated. But I'm also not the type of guy who walks into a club and calls every other woman a "dime."

Last edited by BajanYankee; 02-29-2024 at 08:57 AM..

Old 02-29-2024, 09:31 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,416,543 times
Quote:
LA is not even listed in the poll.

I personally find the DMV to be overrated. But I'm also not the type of guy who walks into a club and calls every other woman a "dime."
We know lol.

Here's why LA wasn't included:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Fellow city-data.com/forummers, which Mid-western, Eastern and Southern cities do you think are the best for single males to meet single Black/African-American females between the ages of 21-30? Which ones are the worst?

Old 02-29-2024, 09:43 AM

Quote:
We know lol.
Other than Camille Hyde, is there ONE from the area? This doesn't seem to be a problem when it comes to posting celebrity chefs.

Quote:
Here's why LA wasn't included:
Well, that explains it.

Old 03-06-2024, 08:47 AM

4,378 posts, read 4,617,273 times
Quote:
No. My point is that it makes no sense to say that a city has the best-looking women when it has virtually no representation in modeling/acting. The point is not that the average woman in LA or NY looks like the actresses and models there.

The large entertainment industry in LA shifts its bell curve to the right. The industry has a ripple effect throughout the region where there's more focus on appearance. Does that mean everyone in LA is an 8? No. But on average are people there more health/looks conscious than people in DC or Philly? Absolutely. This isn't even a question.

And it's not like I'm even being a homer here. I'm not from LA. But New York would definitely have a better argument than most cities with the emphasis on SIZE in this thread. If only sheer quantity matters, then it would be NY by far.
You know the link you put up to "prove" why LA would be the best option for Black Men to find single attractive Black American Women didn't provide any information that showed African American women in LA are more in shape than AA women anywhere else in this country.

Show me clear cut evidence that BLACK WOMEN, not women in general but AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN in LA are the fittest AA women in this country.

The link you provided didn't even break down BMI by region btw I'm not denying that LA or West Coast cities on average aren't fitter in general compared to other cities/regions in the nation. They definitely are from my lazy observational experience. It's more of a healthier culture and lifestyle in the West compared to other cities/regions in this country. No denying that.

But you can't provide a link that doesn't give clear cut evidence to the argument you're trying to make and base your stance off that. Black's only make up 6% of LA's population. Seeing as Black Americans are generally more overweight than other Americans than it's safe to assume that LA's general BMI skews more towards non-Black Americans than Black Americans.

I mean if we lean heavily on BMI then the most attractive Black Women live in states like Colorado and Massachusetts over California.

Matter fact the only information I could find that show specific information on Black Americans and Black Women's obesity and overweight rates are these 2 links below.

https://envhealthcenters.usc.edu/wp-...-Simon-_P1.pdf
page 6

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/owh...inLACounty.pdf

Doesn't look too good for Black Women in LA in comparison to their Asian and White counterparts in the same county as to be expected. Random Youtube videos and Instagram post are not true representations of the landscape of any demographic in any city.

As far as your comment about cities with no representation in modeling and acting that's a terrible metric to go by especially considering how extremely racist and bias modeling agencies are to begin with. That's also not taking into consideration that only a small small percentage of American Women would be consider "models" according to top modeling agencies.

Black people's standards of beauty are generally much more different than White America's standard of beauty. You're clearly going by that White standard of beauty and that's okay. But most of the beautiful Black Women that you see on hip-hop and R&B videos or publications aimed at Black Men don't generally feature slim ambiguously looking Women with curly hair that clearly appeal to a more lighter demographic. Brothas generally like a little more meat on their plate. And LA wasn't over represented in those publications in comparison to cities like Atlanta, DMV, Houston, Miami, NYC, Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City