Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 12:36 PM

27 posts, read 33,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
no way, there's no cheese whiz. That's the philly that the rest of the country tries to pass off as a philly.

Where's do you see chiz whiz in this picture??? You put cheese on top of the steak to melt...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 12:39 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,668,953 times
Another lost soul. You apparently have never seen a cheese steak made properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grozny101 View Post
Where's do you see chiz whiz in this picture??? You put cheese on top of the steak to melt...

Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
Another lost soul. You apparently have never seen a cheese steak made properly.

Probably not. Have you?

Cheesesteak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-04-2011, 12:50 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,668,953 times
Quote:
I live about an equal distance from all the well-known cheese steak joints in Philly. The key is that the cheese is put on top of the meat while it is on the grill, the roll is then placed on top of the meat and held there for a minute so the steam can melt the cheese, or in the case of the 'wiz, just warm it up. The spatula is then used to flip the whole thing over. The cheese is under the meat, and totally melted at this point.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:58 PM

787 posts, read 1,700,957 times
lol half-eaten Italian Beefs + Italian Sausage (such as the photo Alacran posted) would not be appetizing to anyone. Half-eaten anything usually doesn't appeal to the eye.

And grozny101 that ain't no damn cheesesteak. It looks like the subway version.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:10 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,584,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakal View Post
lol half-eaten Italian Beefs + Italian Sausage (such as the photo Alacran posted) would not be appetizing to anyone. Half-eaten anything usually doesn't appeal to the eye.

And grozny101 that ain't no damn cheesesteak. It looks like the subway version.
that is what I thought too, subway is horrible. That thing is way too orderly to be a cheese steak.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
that is what I thought too, subway is horrible. That thing is way too orderly to be a cheese steak.
I don't know, I used the first picture I found on the net. And yes, cheese is supposed to meet the beef on the grill. Agreed.

I wanted to show that while Italian Beef roll is supposed to be dipped in the sauce - Philly Cheese STeak roll does not. I like it warmed up on the grill. That's why Italian Beef sandwich falls apart and is kind of gross. Not to mention that after dipping in the sauce both bread and beef taste the same while on Philly the taste of the roll complements the beef and condiments.

Last edited by grozny101; 08-04-2011 at 01:50 PM..

Old 08-04-2011, 01:46 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,224,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreenDown View Post
Alacran what was that in the picture you posted?
Italian beef sausage combo.

And chocolate ice cream looks like **** and tastes delicious

Old 08-04-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Italian beef sausage combo.

And chocolate ice cream looks like **** and tastes delicious

Because of the color??? Following your logic all chocolate looks like ****...
No, it doesn't. Lol

Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,584,379 times
Quote:
I don't know, I used the first picture I found on the net. And yes, cheese is supposed to meet the beef on the grill. Agreed.

I wanted to show that while Italian Beef roll is supposed to be dipped in the sauce - Philly Cheese STeak roll does not. I like it warmed up on the grill. That's why Italian Beef sandwich falls apart and is kind of gross. Not to mention that after dipping in the sauce both bread and beef taste the same while on Philly the taste of the roll complements the beef and condiments.
Yeah well that is why they asked dipped or not, you don't have to get it dipped. Just a tiny bit is okay but usually they dunk the entire sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City