Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 01:41 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,602,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Italian Beef sounded like a sausage or something lol, its similar to a Philly Cheese Steak but it has a lot of stuff in it.
well they do serve it WITH a sausage in it if you want it... basically marinated beef and you throw on an italian sausage lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 07:11 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,844,025 times
I got to go with Philly Cheese Steak for me

Old 09-05-2009, 07:22 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,268,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Philly Cheesesteaks,love em,Where is the best place in Philly to go and get one?
Many people (including me) really like Tony Luke's, at Front and Oregon in south Philadelphia. They actually have two places across the street from one another, one is a stand in a permanent building that has outdoor seating, the other is a bar/restaurant. Service will be faster at the stand, which is considered the true location. You park under I-95 when you go to either location. (FWIW, if you have interest in pro wrestling, the building formerly known as the ECW Arena is within a mile of Tony Luke's main location.)

Old 09-05-2009, 08:09 AM

8,669 posts, read 10,220,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
well they do serve it WITH a sausage in it if you want it... basically marinated beef and you throw on an italian sausage lol
No, there are many ways to make Italian Beef. I vote for that any day over Philly Cheese Steak. However, I've been to a couple of "roadside" BBQ places in PA that I really hope to revisit one day. Excellent BBQ and heapings full of french fries. Good times definitely.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:20 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,599,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Many people (including me) really like Tony Luke's, at Front and Oregon in south Philadelphia. They actually have two places across the street from one another, one is a stand in a permanent building that has outdoor seating, the other is a bar/restaurant. Service will be faster at the stand, which is considered the true location. You park under I-95 when you go to either location. (FWIW, if you have interest in pro wrestling, the building formerly known as the ECW Arena is within a mile of Tony Luke's main location.)
Yea I found it off of I-95 and Oregon Avenue and the one across from Tony Luke's used to be named Old Style Philly Sandwiches with the Liberty Bell in the middle of the sign,thanks for info.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:00 AM

3,647 posts, read 8,340,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
yeah I forgot the poll
no. its fine. Forget the poll

This is a close one but i'm going with the cheese steak on this one

MMMMM....

Old 09-05-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
No, there are many ways to make Italian Beef. I vote for that any day over Philly Cheese Steak. However, I've been to a couple of "roadside" BBQ places in PA that I really hope to revisit one day. Excellent BBQ and heapings full of french fries. Good times definitely.
what? i guess you didn't read my 1st post in this thread...
I don't know of any of the chicago places that will not put a italian sausage on it if u request it plus they have the combo often on the menu.
as for giardenera... even subway and potbelly in chicago has giardenera.
I know my sandwiches

Old 09-05-2009, 11:06 AM

4,083 posts, read 10,432,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
no. its fine. Forget the poll

This is a close one but i'm going with the cheese steak on this one

MMMMM....
I ain't gonna lie to you that sure does look good

Old 09-05-2009, 11:12 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,606,361 times
Cheese Steak all the way! BTW I just ate one.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:15 AM

by the end of hte day I think I am going to have to go get one or the other one...now that people are starting to eat them...I know the philly one will not be the same, so I guess I'll save that for whenI'm in philly ughhhh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City