Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What MAJOR city is the best for relocation for football H.O.F.?
Atlanta 30 46.88%
Dallas 11 17.19%
Houston 4 6.25%
Boston 4 6.25%
Columbus OH 8 12.50%
Miami 1 1.56%
Raleigh-Durham 0 0%
Los Angeles 6 9.38%
Cinncinati 0 0%
Jacksonville 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:05 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I didn't see any mention in that article that stated that Atlanta is a better pick. What it did state is that Atlanta offered substantial cash subsidies that Dallas was not willing to match.
Stop trying to put words in my mouth because you do not like what I have to say.Readining is fundamental:
Quote:
Dallas loses to Atlanta in bid to land College Football Hall of Fame
That was the title of the article.I did not say the article said Atlanta was a better pick.I said that.Thats why I put afte i said it: IMO?How is that biased just because I said the same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 08:06 PM

183 posts, read 230,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I did not say it did not have Merits.But other cities have a big fan base AND the college football activity in their cities.Not to mention geographic location and other important factors that would put Dallas much lower.
I have muxh love for you man but you just created a Riot please don't tell these people Dallas isn't a perfect fit. Your only suppose to say good things

Old 09-23-2009, 08:45 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,987,723 times
Never knew there was such a thing as a College Football Hall of Fame. What's the point? If a player is good enough in college doesn't he go pro and then go into that h.o.f.? Do they have h.o.f.s for other college sports?

Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Never knew there was such a thing as a College Football Hall of Fame. What's the point? If a player is good enough in college doesn't he go pro and then go into that h.o.f.? Do they have h.o.f.s for other college sports?

The styles are totally different. There are players that are good in college and not good in the NFL and vice versa.

And seeing as college football is older why wouldn't it have a hall of fame?

Old 09-23-2009, 08:51 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,460,829 times
Atlanta is the best pick in my opinion. Georgia Tech is in the city and UGA is only about an hour down the road.

The bordering states and their major college football programs:

Alabama: University of Alabama, Auburn

Florida: University of Florida, Florida State, Miami, South Florida, UCF (to an extent)

South Carolina: Clemson, University of South Carolina

North Carolina: University of North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest

Tennessee: University of Tennessee, Memphis (also a stretch)

Not to mention Mississippi, Louisiana, Virginia, and Kentucky are also relatively close too. Atlanta is the perfect choice.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:52 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,460,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
The styles are totally different. There are players that are good in college and not good in the NFL and vice versa.

And seeing as college football is older why wouldn't it have a hall of fame?
Exactly, think of players like Tommie Frazier. He was an absolute beast option quarterback for Nebraska and won the National Championship in 1995. However his style doesn't translate to the NFL...why shouldn't he be recognized for his college achievements?

You could make the same argument for Tebow this year.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Dallas is an amazing city
however its geographic location and lack of a centralized tourist hotspot hurt it I believe.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:57 PM

8,631 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Stop trying to put words in my mouth because you do not like what I have to say.Readining is fundamental: That was the title of the article.I did not say the article said Atlanta was a better pick.I said that.Thats why I put afte i said it: IMO?How is that biased just because I said the same thing?
Please worry about your own literacy.

Let me clarify something for you. I do not live in Dallas, nor am I taking sides on this, so I could care less where it is moving to; however, you posed the question to the other posters in the OP AND you clearly singled out Dallas as a city that you believe should not have been in the running, yet you gave no reasons or examples for your statement. That sounds pretty biased to me. Again, what makes you believe that Dallas shouldn't have been one of the cities considered (please give examples based on Dallas, not what you think is great about Atlanta). In addition, what makes ANY of the other cities you put up in your poll better qualified?

Old 09-23-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
I suppose you are French(your name) if I had to judge by your reply which is PURE BLASPHEMY by any college football fan.LOL.So if you do not know I will tell you.
College football fans are so passionate that many of these schools generate a large part of the incomes from the sale of tickets,merchandising,and television rights.Some of it even goes into endowments,infrastructure,scholarships etc...Also consider that many of the biggest stadiums are filled to capacity.The top 10 range from over and around 100,000 seats.These football stadiums are much bigger than all of the Pro sports venues.

The college people went to is much more sentimental than pro sports where you are actually supporting million dollar athletes.The memories that you have while in college stay with you for the rest of your life.It is a sense of extreme pride.It like saying you are a part of the team because you went to school there.Pro sports for most people is more entertainment than passion filled sentimental emotion.College Football existed WAY before there was a pro team.It is like going back to just the basics.RAW.Was I clear?

Old 09-23-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Please worry about your own literacy.

Let me clarify something for you. I do not live in Dallas, nor am I taking sides on this, so I could care less where it is moving to; however, you posed the question to the other posters in the OP AND you clearly singled out Dallas as a city that you believe should not have been in the running, yet you gave no reasons or examples for your statement. That sounds pretty biased to me. Again, what makes you believe that Dallas shouldn't have been one of the cities considered (please give examples based on Dallas, not what you think is great about Atlanta). In addition, what makes ANY of the other cities you put up in your poll better qualified?
Obviously you are having problems.I explained why I thought the way I did.The way you took it is one of your internal isues you should deal with ;not me.I was very clear what I thought.Plus other people also commented on why.Some of the same reasons I said.Go back and READ.The thing is,YOU did not like it.Thats your opinion like I have mine.You are making way to many ASSuptioms about what I have to say.As for why the other cities,that was my decision.We obviously do not think alike so why can you not make your own list if you do not like it?
You keep badgering me but you fail to make a case for Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City