Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 PM
 
Location: C.R. K-T
6,202 posts, read 11,449,309 times
Reputation: 3809

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
But Houston is getting a theme park in 2011-2012. It'll be the largest theme park in the South, outside of Disney World. You have the theme park, water park, museum, etc.
Speaking of Disney World, is this related to the old urban legend? I first heard of it from my bus driver back in high school when I first moved to Katy. It would be ironic if Disney opened a park here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-14-2009, 08:29 PM
 
4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Reputation: 3101
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Speaking of Disney World, is this related to the old urban legend? I first heard of it from my bus driver back in high school when I first moved to Katy. It would be ironic if Disney opened a park here!
I always said they should open up a disney world in Texas and Call it Disney on the Plains and put it in far north Fort Worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 08:36 PM
 
Location: C.R. K-T
6,202 posts, read 11,449,309 times
Reputation: 3809
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I always said they should open up a disney world in Texas and Call it Disney on the Plains and put it in far north Fort Worth.
According to legend, they would put it in an undeveloped area of West Houston (Brookshire, Fulshear, maybe Wallis).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 08:46 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Reputation: 7428
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
According to legend, they would put it in an undeveloped area of West Houston (Brookshire, Fulshear, maybe Wallis).
It was also suppose to be put in Waco as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Houston
2,023 posts, read 4,187,100 times
Reputation: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
According to legend, they would put it in an undeveloped area of West Houston (Brookshire, Fulshear, maybe Wallis).
I guess it would kind of make sense because Disney chose Orlando because it was flat, underdeveloped, and land was inexpensive which sounds a lot like parts of Houston. But I don't think Earth Quest is owned by Disney. I think it's being built by an energy company in Houston and the theme is developed around promoting "green" energy and the "green" movement or something like that. I could be completely wrong about that though. Either way, I would rather see Houston invest in it's developing cultural scenes (especially downtown) to attract tourist than bring a Disney World.

I don't know why I'm so anti Houston theme park but I guess the last few years of Astroworld just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Reputation: 7428
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
I guess it would kind of make sense because Disney chose Orlando because it was flat, underdeveloped, and land was inexpensive which sounds a lot like parts of Houston. But I don't think Earth Quest is owned by Disney. I think it's being built by an energy company in Houston and the theme is developed around promoting "green" energy and the "green" movement or something like that. I could be completely wrong about that though. Either way, I would rather see Houston invest in it's developing cultural scenes (especially downtown) to attract tourist than bring a Disney World.

I don't know why I'm so anti Houston theme park but I guess the last few years of Astroworld just left a bad taste in my mouth.
It looks pretty cool though.

Contour Entertainment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Willowbend/Houston
13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Reputation: 10592
They are building an indoor ski place in Grapevine:

Indoor ski slope planned for Grapevine | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Colleyville news | Grapevine news | Southlake news | Dallas-Fort Worth news | Colleyville/Grapevine/Southlake News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/northeasttarrant/stories/072209DNLIV_texasalps.669f576e.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 09:18 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Reputation: 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
They are building an indoor ski place in Grapevine:

Indoor ski slope planned for Grapevine | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Colleyville news | Grapevine news | Southlake news | Dallas-Fort Worth news | Colleyville/Grapevine/Southlake News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/northeasttarrant/stories/072209DNLIV_texasalps.669f576e.html - broken link)
We had one of those planned in Houston but obviously nothing came of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Houston
2,023 posts, read 4,187,100 times
Reputation: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It looks pretty cool though.

Contour Entertainment
Yeah, it does look a lot better than Astroworld. So is this company a branch of Disney? All of Contour Entertainment head guys' profiles said they were lead developers on some Disney theme park development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2009, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Houston
2,023 posts, read 4,187,100 times
Reputation: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
They are building an indoor ski place in Grapevine:

Indoor ski slope planned for Grapevine | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Colleyville news | Grapevine news | Southlake news | Dallas-Fort Worth news | Colleyville/Grapevine/Southlake News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/northeasttarrant/stories/072209DNLIV_texasalps.669f576e.html - broken link)
lol! I love how the article had a quote "one-of-kind entertainment venue," even though they have already built an indoor ski slope in Dubai. It does sound pretty cool though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top