Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 04:46 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,731,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Uhh...make that two.

Rangers Stadium & Cowboys Stadium
Texas Rangers is not a Dallas team!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 05:15 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,590,704 times
Quote:
Reliant Stadium is exactly 7 miles from Downtown Houston by rail.
Does it really matter? People from Dallas and all over the metroplex still go to the games. Why does it really matter if they are in Dallas or not? Do you think people from Boston say "Oh, well the Patriots play in Foxboro so we dont care about them."?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:30 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,597,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Who cares! Dallas will be destroy by a powerul F5 tornado; while Houston is sinking to the bottom of the ocean. That is when Waco will shine and become what it was once destined to be.
Even if they both get demolished Waco ain't ever gonna be on that level

Old 04-14-2010, 05:41 PM

882 posts, read 2,236,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Only one stadium isn't in Dallas, wow big deal!
Make that 3. Pizza Hut Park where FC Dallas plays is in Frisco. But with crappy attendence like that, it isn't surprising that you've forgotten about them.

Anyways, it isnt that problematic having stadia in the suburbs, in fact most cities have them in the suburbs, but I bet you all would prefer having them in downtown, or at least accessible by public transportation. Some metros just aren't lucky enough to have them in your urban core. At least their location makes it more accessible to the entire metro area.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:43 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,604,778 times
Quote:
You're forgetting the Houston Dynamo who are soon to have their brand spanking new stadium in downtown to make it a total of 3 pro sports teams in Downtown Houston.

Lets not forget Dallas lost its poor performing arena football team, the Dallas Desperados, which was also owned by Jerry Jones.

Houston is a sports city no matter how Dallasites may view it & at least all of their stadiums are inside the city limits.

The Arena Football website it shows them having a team in Dallas again

arenafootball.com: Dallas

http://www.dallasvigilantes.com/

Old 04-14-2010, 05:49 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,731,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
Make that 3. Pizza Hut Park where FC Dallas plays is in Frisco. But with crappy attendence like that, it isn't surprising that you've forgotten about them.

Anyways, it isnt that problematic having stadia in the suburbs, in fact most cities have them in the suburbs, but I bet you all would prefer having them in downtown, or at least accessible by public transportation. Some metros just aren't lucky enough to have them in your urban core. At least their location makes it more accessible to the entire metro area.
What are people making a big deal about this! At least Dallas has better stadiums and arenas!

Old 04-14-2010, 06:21 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,865,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
The keyword is THE DALLAS COWBOYS nobody outside of Houston really cares about the Houston Texans. Even the city of Houston is filled with Cowboys fans. The Cowboys are just one of those rare franchises that extend well beyond its media market. There are Cowboys fans everywhere. They even have Cowboys Pro sports stores all over the country. The Texans will never be as respected as the 2nd richest sports franchise in the world. Truth be told most people in DFW really don't think of Houston as much of a sports town. The only one to blame for Houston being a lousy sports town is Houston. Houston is too big of a metro to have sorry ownership and lack of fan supports for its professional sports team. Maybe if Houston actually put together some competitive teams than its neighbors to the north would respect them as a sports town.
Big deal. You have the Dallas Cowboys. Houston has the Houston Rockets. Which is the larger brand worldwide? Which one do more people know about? Houston is about as good of a sports town as Dallas. Those that say Dallas is much better (with better fans) are seriously kidding themselves.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:27 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,865,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Well of course they will rag on them at times. Dallas sports radio also rags on Detroit, Arizona, Seattle, and more from time to time. But the Dallas Cowboy fans will tell you that our rivals are the skins (by far number 1), eagles, giants, niners (my most hated team), steelers, and packers. Anybody outside of that really is not a big rival to the Cowboys. But most of the hate comes from the Texans. They have a rivalry board on a message board where they talk about the Cowboys just as much as they talk about the Titans. If you visit any Cowboy board, the Texans are rarely talked about if ever.
I'm going by from when I lived there. I know what I heard. It wasn't anything but some fun back and forth arguments.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:28 PM

20,500 posts, read 33,311,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Big deal. You have the Dallas Cowboys. Houston has the Houston Rockets. Which is the larger brand worldwide? Which one do more people know about? Houston is about as good of a sports town as Dallas. Those that say Dallas is much better (with better fans) are seriously kidding themselves.
But Dallas is a better sports town though from college to pro sports. Dallas has the upper hand in that. This is not to say Houston's a bad sports town. But Dallas is just simply better. I do think the Texas Rangers should be in downtown Dallas and I bet the Rangers are kicking themselves about that building that park in Arlington. I have no problem with the Cowboys playing in Arlington. With the type of event football stadiums are, they belong in the suburbs. What do you mean which is the bigger brand and which one do more people know about? This is the Dallas Cowboys we're talking about. One of the most popular teams in professional sports.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:29 PM

20,500 posts, read 33,311,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
I'm going by from when I lived there. I know what I heard. It wasn't anything but some fun back and forth arguments.
That's great and all but again, there is no rivalry between the Cowboys and Texans and there never will be unless both teams meet in the superbowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City