Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live: Miami or San Diego?
Miami 108 31.67%
San Diego 233 68.33%
Voters: 341. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 07:02 PM

107 posts, read 181,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Miami

The beauty, weather, beaches, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
There was nothing wrong with Infamous' post. He never said he didn't like San Diego, just that he prefers Miami.
Except that he chose reasons which contradict his preference.

Anyway... Miami has a few nice areas... in January and February.

SD is pretty spectacular, year 'round. Absolutely no contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 08:51 PM

204 posts, read 309,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonpartisan1 View Post
Except that he chose reasons which contradict his preference.

Anyway... Miami has a few nice areas... in January and February.

SD is pretty spectacular, year 'round. Absolutely no contest.
Not one fact was stated in that post. Just BLAH BLAH BLAH. I love San Diego. BLah Blah Blah. I hate Miami.

Miami has some of the best weather in America year round. You are biased because you obviously never been. In January, the pacific is freezing. Heck, it's cold sometimes in May. Miami allows for all water all the time.

Miami is a gateway to America. San Diego is a smaller suburban more boring yet safer Los Angeles.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:35 AM

546 posts, read 817,933 times
Let me state upfront that I LIKE both Miami and San Diego. I didn't vote b/c it is mostly a toss up for me. But I do want to address this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4d10 View Post
In terms of culture, Miami smashes San Diego. San Diego has museums and comic-con. Nobody mentioned that it also has beautiful murals. However, in comparison to Miami, it doesn't compare. Miami is Exotic. From the cars, to the people, to the city, nothing is cookie cutter. We host Playlist Live And UMF MIAMI. 330,000 People crammed into Bayfront Park, Miami to enjoy electronic music in 2013. Miami is also Mural City. We have Salsa, Reggae, Reggaeton, Mariachi, Hip Hop, Electronic Music .Miami is simply a culture shock to anyone who hasn't been here before. We're bilingual. Miami is museum central. You can catch a dinner show and hit up the Miami Observatory at the Miami Science Museum. We have Art Galleries galore. There is no city in America like Miami .

In terms of douche bag culture, yes Miami has San Diego beat. But it we define culture as, "the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively," than San Diego beats Miami.

San Diego has historically had two of the nation's top venues for live theater (Old Globe Theater and the La Jolla Playhouse). Both routinely host Tony-award winning shows. The cultural complex of Balboa Park is as awesome an urban public space as you'll find. Some have even dubbed it the Smithsonian of the West. Balboa Park hosts an incredible concentration of arts and culture offerings including 15 museums and performing arts venues.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
Let me state upfront that I LIKE both Miami and San Diego. I didn't vote b/c it is mostly a toss up for me. But I do want to address this:

In terms of douche bag culture, yes Miami has San Diego beat. But it we define culture as, "the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively," than San Diego beats Miami.

San Diego has historically had two of the nation's top venues for live theater (Old Globe Theater and the La Jolla Playhouse). Both routinely host Tony-award winning shows. The cultural complex of Balboa Park is as awesome an urban public space as you'll find. Some have even dubbed it the Smithsonian of the West. Balboa Park hosts an incredible concentration of arts and culture offerings including 15 museums and performing arts venues.
Yup, clearly you have never been to Miami. I bet you think that the real Jersey shore is no different than the show. Stereotype the city that you have never clearly experienced. Culture is not just museums, even though we have a lot of those. I believe we are 2nd on the east coast in terms of Art Galleries (Gotta love NYC). We have venues for Live Theatre and Orchestra. We are Mural City.

Still, culture is not just museums and galleries. We are the Kings of Electronic Music in America. Miami is a cultural melting pot of Cubans, Jamaicans, Caucasians, Trinidadians. Puerto Ricans and etc. We have Mariachi, Salsa, Tango, Reggae, Reggae ton and Hip Hop. You would have a hard time in this city finding a place that is not 5 star cuisine.

Your city is bore city compared to Miami.

Quote:
But it we define culture as, "the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively," than San Diego beats Miami.
Because liking opera makes you much more intellectual then the guy who likes reggae? Define Human Intellect, because apparently you have none. And we're Douchebags because we like electronic music? You're so much better than us because you have a love affair tony awards.....

Old 10-23-2013, 11:21 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,386 times
People on here who don't think that people on this forum have a personal vendetta against Florida need to take a look at this: [SIZE=3]Would you rather live in a shack in NY or a mansion in Florida ...[/SIZE]

Just look at the poll results! Half of the people in the poll said they would rather live in a run down shack in a cold New York winter than a nice Mansion in Florida! There is no reason for Florida to get as much hate as it does on here, it doesn't matter where in Florida either, Miami, Key West, Ft.Lauderdale, Orlando, Sarasota, Jacksonville....if it's in Florida people on this forum are going to hate it regardless. It's not that they vote FOR the other option, they just vote AGAINST Florida! Maybe it's jealousy? Maybe people wish they could live in Miami or Florida period, but for whatever reason they can't afford to move here. So they try to justify it. Or they could be desperate real estate agents, Florida is the fastest growing state after all. They don't want to lose all their business to the Sunshine state.

You could probably do a Miami vs Detroit and Detroit would win on here. Nothing wrong with San Diego or preferring someplace else over Florida, but the hate it receives on here is just ridiculous.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:51 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post

Miami Beach Ballet is always ranked as one of the best city-ballets in the country. On top of that, there's arts GALORE in Miami, including the annual Art Basel. The Arts District/Model District in Miami has plenty of acclaim. Despite stereotypes of Miami, there is somewhat of a cultural pulse in Miami-Dade County. You need to read up on Miami.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:52 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Probably San Diego.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:19 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,386 times
San Diego has nice weather during the day, but like the rest of California, it get's cold once the sun goes down. Aside from very rare and very brief cold snaps, Miami is always nice and warm day and night!

Miami is such a beautiful city, even the sky looks different. It has so many different colors, no where else in the US (except maybe Hawaii, Peurto Rico, and the Virgin Islands) has them. Even the night sky and the moon looks different,You have to be there to understand what I'm talking about. It's truly the Magic City.

See for yourself:

Old 10-23-2013, 12:43 PM

Beautiful Pics and Beautiful City.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:55 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Miami is really magical, so magical it turned into Chicago in that 2nd pic LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City