Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live: Miami or San Diego?
Miami 108 31.67%
San Diego 233 68.33%
Voters: 341. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 PM

184 posts, read 571,463 times

Advertisements

I voted for San Diego. After visiting both cities, i did realize that Miami has nicer beaches and the water is warmer but overall San Diego if more beautiful and has a better city life style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 06:19 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
sd, no summer rain showers or humidity...mountains + beach + easy drives to mexico and l.a. also its in california... a much better state overall and different vibe than FL imo.
I actually missed the thunderstorms while I lived in San Diego, but what gives SD the edge over Miami is having mountains nearby. I've never been to Miami let alone lived there, but I think it would be a fun city to visit. I just don't think I'd want to live there.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,772,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
If you had to choose between Miami or San Diego, where would you live?

Feel free to mention the reason(s) why....... not looking to make this into a negative feedback loop. Nothing wrong with frank assessments but no need to go postal either.....

I see two coastal cities tucked away in their respective far SE/SW corners of the continental USA.
San Diego, Miami doesn't compete well due to crime rate.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:16 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,583,545 times
SD: Better weather, more diverse landscape, more attractive built environment, people more laid back, less 3rd world feel, better urban vibe, less isolated from other major metro areas.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:10 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,537,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
SD: Better weather, more diverse landscape, more attractive built environment, people more laid back, less 3rd world feel, better urban vibe, less isolated from other major metro areas.
i agree with everything except the better urban vibe part. and, although its technically less isolated (TJ to the south & LA north), it felt isolated to me. like it was tucked away at the end of an entirely different contintent. maybe because it was so close the the baja? or maybe its just me . i think i'm used to the cramped caribbean getaways.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:48 AM

12 posts, read 28,660 times
Heard from several sources, Miami natives, that this city is notorious for its corruption. From city officials to its police force. Would like to hear anyones input regarding this issue...

Old 12-10-2009, 01:59 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,661,496 times
San Diego is like heaven on earth. It's a stunning gorgeous city. Miami offers natural beauty as well, but not on the same level San Diego does.

The first time I really saw San Diego, I was in a hotel room that had a view of the ocean and nearby hills. It was early morning, and as the sun rose the sky bled so many colors. Mist gradually descended down the hills, an electric gold against the lush green and tropical colors. I'll never forget that moment.

On the other hand, San Diego is very much a boutique city; it's almost impossible to simply get a job there, and one in which you are compensated enough for the associated California Costs is even less likely.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:03 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
I hate Hurricanes.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,593,517 times
As far as weather goes, people on this forum seem to favor San Diego.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...ost-ideal.html

Old 12-10-2009, 03:16 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
Well, since I chose to live in Miami.....
:-)
but seriously, I chose Miami because it is such a unique place in the US. I love the combination of my tight urban neighborhood in the tropics surrounded by a multitude of latin cultures and European tourists. I love that it never gets cold and that the warn salty sea air is always clean. I love the Ceviche and other latin cuisines here and the casual but stylish lifestyle that is Miami's calling card. I love the warm water of the ocean and the access to the Keys and two national parks.
As a native west coaster (Oregon then California), I understand the draw of San Diego but I still prefer Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City