Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live: Miami or San Diego?
Miami 108 31.67%
San Diego 233 68.33%
Voters: 341. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 03:02 PM

932 posts, read 1,944,511 times

Advertisements

Miami all the way for me. It's my ideal city, so far as location and climate. Really, I'd rather live in the Keys, but for this poll, Miami will do just fine.

San Diego is also crippled by the fact that it's in California, one of my top three states to never step foot in as an American who values my rights. It's a beautiful city, but I'll never so much as visit until political culture changes in Kommifornia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 03:10 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
Miami all the way for me. It's my ideal city, so far as location and climate. Really, I'd rather live in the Keys, but for this poll, Miami will do just fine.

San Diego is also crippled by the fact that it's in California, one of my top three states to never step foot in as an American who values my rights. It's a beautiful city, but I'll never so much as visit until political culture changes in Kommifornia.
This is just an absurd post. Miami is also a very liberal city, so you probably wouldn't like that either. As for San Diego, I think you're confusing it with ultra-liberal San Francisco. San Diego is actually pretty conservative, due to many Midwesterners, military presence and lack of diversity.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:14 PM

I love San Diego. However, I would pick Miami in a heartbeat. I love humidity and summer showers. San Diego has perfect summer weather, but it is SO dry and I love me some summerstorms! The beaches in San Diego are prettier than in Miami, except Miami has turqouise water and it is warm, plus the nightlife can't be beat! Also, besides warm, sunny fall and summer, San Diego is rather cool (63F high, 49-52F low) and foggy for the rest of the year. Sure, Miami has its cold snaps that are FAR cooler than this, but they are only for a brief period of time. So, I think I'd rather live in Miami, as long as I can take a summer vacation to San Diego (and maybe fly to Hawaii from there after a week in CA!). Oh, and another bonus Miami has is its close proximity to the Caribbean and Latin America.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
This is just an absurd post. Miami is also a very liberal city, so you probably wouldn't like that either. As for San Diego, I think you're confusing it with ultra-liberal San Francisco. San Diego is actually pretty conservative, due to many Midwesterners, military presence and lack of diversity.
And yet, Florida is a very conservative state. The laws are much friendlier in Florida than in California, regardless of what city we're discussing. Perhaps Californians should stop allowing the liberals up north run the show and take back their state.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
And yet, Florida is a very conservative state. The laws are much friendlier in Florida than in California, regardless of what city we're discussing. Perhaps Californians should stop allowing the liberals up north run the show and take back their state.
Florida is a "purple" or battleground state. The laws there might be friendlier to conservatives than CA, but not in general. And Californians prefer more liberal laws in general.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Florida is a "purple" or battleground state. The laws there might be friendlier to conservatives than CA, but not in general. And Californians prefer more liberal laws in general.
And thus, California is at the top of my list of places to avoid at all costs, as I said before.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
And thus, California is at the top of my list of places to avoid at all costs, as I said before.
Good then, less idiots to run into.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:29 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,315 times
Miami, in almost every way. The fact that it's in the East and not in California is just icing on the cake.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:40 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
San Diego is more expensive and there are reasons for that. Miami is great to visit though.....

Old 09-08-2013, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Miami, in almost every way. The fact that it's in the East and not in California is just icing on the cake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Miami

The beauty, weather, beaches, etc.
Idiots dont know what there missing out on over here in SD, ****ing haters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City