Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has overall better climate?
NEW YORK CITY 146 48.03%
MIAMI 158 51.97%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 01:43 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,320,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
A true New Yorker would never want to live in Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raivere View Post
Then I guess there are alot of fake 'true New Yorkers' in New York huh?
Or maybe thats the way they get after moving to Florida?
Hey call me what you want, I'll just have to be a "New Yorkaridian" if I move to Florida, a "New Yorgian" if I move to Georgia, or a "New Yorcarolinian" if I move to the Carolinas, trust me I'll be one of many. It is what it is.

Also a "True New Yorker" isn't insecure enough brag or bash other cities in order to feel better like at least 1/3rd of the NYer's on CD do, the same thing goes for Angelenos, Chicagoans, Philadelphians, Washingtonians, Bostonites, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 01:47 PM

155 posts, read 158,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
LOL! Is this an attempt at humor?

Miami isn't called the Sixth Borough for nothing.
Unfortunately it's pretty much ALL of South FL now. Heck even much of Central FL and up both coasts for that matter. But we still remain deep south on the panhandle

Old 10-16-2009, 01:49 PM

155 posts, read 158,468 times
Quote:
Then I guess there are alot of fake 'true New Yorkers' in New York huh?
Or maybe thats the way they get after moving to Florida?

Oh, they're true NY'ers alright. They wouldn't let us ever forget where they came from, not matter how many times they have told us. It's in their accent, their demeanor, their driving habits.... it's all around us, trust me.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:49 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,354,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design&Build View Post
Unfortunately it's pretty much ALL of South FL now. Heck even much of Central FL and up both coasts for that matter. But we still remain deep south on the panhandle
Oh, I know - trust me. I spent a good chunk of my life in Florida.

I was just making a point to counter a rather ridiculous post.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design&Build View Post
Oh, they're true NY'ers alright. They wouldn't let us ever forget where they came from, not matter how many times they have told us. It's in their accent, their demeanor, their driving habits.... it's all around us, trust me.
Everyone is different though, I have heard stories of how some act down there though and I could see why you feel this way. I wouldn't associate myself with them because they sound arrogant and embarrassing.

Me:
Accent - NYC/Southern.
Demeanor - Appropriate, I'm laid back too.
Driving Habits - I don't have a license or permit yet.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:04 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,631,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I agree with Tanaples. Miami's weather is dreadful. Kids cannot be playing during the Summer in Miami. It is a horrendous place to be. This is why, I vote NYC.
I know when I lived there kids were always outside playing and I never had a problem with the weather.

How long have you lived in Miami?

Oh, I get it, you what just saying what others have said even though you don't know one way or the other.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:10 PM

444 posts, read 1,143,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Hey call me what you want, I'll just have to be a "New Yorkaridian" if I move to Florida, a "New Yorgian" if I move to Georgia, or a "New Yorcarolinian" if I move to the Carolinas, trust me I'll be one of many. It is what it is.

Also a "True New Yorker" isn't insecure enough brag or bash other cities in order to feel better like at least 1/3rd of the NYer's on CD do, the same thing goes for Angelenos, Chicagoans, Philadelphians, Washingtonians, Bostonites, etc.
Heheh I was just being sarcarcastic. Anyway I guess what you are saying is that NY'ers don't ever drop the NY and move on? How prideful.

NYC'ers (not ny'ers in general) do bash and compare the city they moved to to the city they lived in. Like they are so much better than the natives and they will never change. I have however, met many nice New Yorkers (in general) that enjoy living here when they move.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:11 PM

444 posts, read 1,143,364 times
I voted Miami cuz you can stay warm in winter without a coat and scarf.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:15 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,141,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBch View Post
Which city has overall better weather?

New York City has temperate/subtropical climate with 4 seasons; cold winters, cool to warm spring/fall, warm to hot & humid summers.
When did NYC become subtropical? That's a new one to me.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Heheh I was just being sarcarcastic. Anyway I guess what you are saying is that NY'ers don't ever drop the NY and move on? How prideful.

NYC'ers (not ny'ers in general) do bash and compare the city they moved to to the city they lived in. Like they are so much better than the natives and they will never change. I have however, met many nice New Yorkers (in general) that enjoy living here when they move.
That's what I don't understand, why move somewhere to be miserable and criticize everything, those types should be banned from moving lol. I'd love to move South in the near future, I know I'd enjoy it. Even if I was a bragger (which I'm not) there's still nothing to even brag about, "look at me I'm from a high-crime neighborhood". I really want a fresh start.

Quote:
I voted Miami cuz you can stay warm in winter without a coat and scarf.
That's a reason why I chose it too (and heat is better for my asthma & allergies), in NYC there's only a handful of "short-sleeve shirt days" per Winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
When did NYC become subtropical? That's a new one to me.
Its been that way, its because the average temperature (high + low) never drops below freezing, Providence, RI is actually the northernmost North American city to feature this climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City