Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:26 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,712,998 times

Advertisements

oh.... well you dated a girl in the past who was Italian.... My mistake. I guess that discounts all of my Italian family members and the thousands of Italians I grew up around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 04:35 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
oh.... well you dated a girl in the past who was Italian.... My mistake. I guess that discounts all of my Italian family members and the thousands of Italians I grew up around.
Stereotypes are anchored in truth and there for a reason, remember that. Don't pretend like Italians are some soft sheep from the Southern Hills of France. New York City is all brown and black haired people with brown eyes. Lots of Italians and Jews. The Midwest has more blonde hair and blue eyed people. Green eyed people as well. That's what I don't like about NYC. They're all black and brown haired with brown eyes...BORING! Watch a Yankee game...nothing but brown and black haired men with brown eyes looking all filled with hot air. I hate that about New York.

Last edited by At1WithNature; 11-05-2009 at 04:45 PM..

Old 11-05-2009, 04:49 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,712,998 times
Interesting. I guess all the hot blond girls I saw at Yankee games are an illusion.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:49 PM

Fake blondes no doubt...I sure hope you weren't at Game 1 when the Phillies won. I was at Game 1 on the South Side when the ChiSox and company knocked off Roger Clemens' Astros. It was awesome experiencing that World Series win with 6 choppers in the air and a buzz around the south side like you would not believe. It made the $900 ticket worth it.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:55 PM

See the Midwest has Italians and Jews which is a great thing. However, what separates the Midwest from the East Coast, like New York City, is the shear amount of Swedish, German, and Irish that exist in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, etc.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:52 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,628,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Stereotypes are anchored in truth and there for a reason, remember that. Don't pretend like Italians are some soft sheep from the Southern Hills of France. New York City is all brown and black haired people with brown eyes. Lots of Italians and Jews. The Midwest has more blonde hair and blue eyed people. Green eyed people as well. That's what I don't like about NYC. They're all black and brown haired with brown eyes...BORING! Watch a Yankee game...nothing but brown and black haired men with brown eyes looking all filled with hot air. I hate that about New York.
There is a large number of Italians in the Cleveland area.. one of the highest populations in the nation.

And Cleveland is NOT all blonde hair/blue eyes. There is a substantial number of immigrants from Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Not to mention Puerto Rico..

YouTube - Cleveland Puerto Rican Festival and Parade 2008

Your post pretty much sums up every stereotype I believed ALL the midwest was like as well. Puerto Ricans are here in abundance in Cleveland. They are in Chicago as well, but not really many more places in the Midwest. But those 2 cities and the Northeast make up the majority of Puerto Ricans. I never met a PR while living in DC.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:31 PM

1,359 posts, read 3,720,263 times
Quote:
So you discount me talking about Chicago's groups just to fit your argument?

Do you realize that Italians are know as being overbearing? You must live in Wyoming or something...
Quote:
uh...my ex-girlfriend was Italian and trust me bro...they're not stereotypes! And she was the chicago version, not the much feared IROC adam sandler in the movies new york city type. Remember SNL? You know what IROC stands for, right? Italian Retard Out Cruising...that was when SNL was peaking...ah, I miss the Chris Farley and Phil Hartman days....
Quote:
Wow, you're on a roll to **** a whole lot of people off. (I had to admit that IROC thing cracked me up though)

Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Wink At1WithStereotypes

Quote:
The East Coast is centered around NYC...a place filled with Italians. We all know how Italians are. The Midwest is laid back except in the cities like Chicago. The cities, like Chicago or Detroit, don't have that in your face attitude that you see on the East Coast but they are shady and I wouldn't cross those people.
At1WithStereotypes would be a better screen name I think.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:03 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrowise View Post
I can't put my finger on it, but there just seems to be something different about the way people in the midwest, even in an urbanite city like Chicago think vs. the way people in east coast urban environments like Philadelphia and Boston think.

Can anyone identify what exactly this is about and why?
I have no idea myself.

The problem is of course is that there are over 100 million living in the Midwest and the Northeast in dozens of major cities and countless smaller towns. Anyone who thinks they are expert on the whole Northern region is probably relying too much on stereotypes. Or at best, they are just guessing.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
At1WithStereotypes would be a better screen name I think.
It was already taken, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City