Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:23 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaleemovessouth View Post
I'm gonna start looking into these suggestions. Thank You all SO much. A push in any direction is appreciated, I haven't gone far from my area and I don't have much to go on from personal expirience. I went to Tennessee twice for a music festival, but that was about it.
You might want to check out some of the small towns around Knoxville. Knoxville itself is probably too large for you (180,000) but there are several small towns within a half hour of Knoxville that still have quaint little downtown areas, low cost of living, and very friendly people. You'll find that East Tennesseans are conservative in nature and have a very live-and-let-live attitude. There are also quite a few Hispanics in the area compared to a few years ago.

Check out:

Clinton (pop. 10,000)
Dandridge (pop. 3,000)
Kingston (pop. 6,000)
Loudon (pop. 5,000)
Sweetwater (pop. 6,000)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 12:51 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,185,537 times
Oh I ran across the New York Times article online about Kerrville, Texas. It really does sound just like what your looking for.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/16/gr...c=Google-Earth

Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 PM

15 posts, read 63,125 times
My husband and I are flying down within the month for a job interview
(mine) at a local hospital in Murrels Inlet. My prospects are good (I am an occupational therapist), but he will be scouting. We are in our late 50s, empty-nesters. He has a lifetime of experience as a mechanic (cranes, aerial lift, scissors lift, welding/fabricating, etc.) and has a good job here. Anyone know of anybody hiring in this field? One option is for him to take an early retirement and collect his pension while working part or full time for less than he earns now in a related field. Thanks, everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City