Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:14 AM

937 posts, read 921,155 times

Advertisements

I don't know if it's been done yet, but what Southeastern city has the best nightlife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 12:21 AM

2,023 posts, read 4,166,599 times
I would think Miami, Atlanta, and New Orleans would be the top three.

I think you could make an argument for Nashville. I've heard the underground music scene in Nashville is insane. You can pay $5 for some of the famous and historic music venues in the country to see some ridiculously good musicians who had moved to Nashville to try and make it big. If you like live music and don't want to pay a lot at the door, Nashville has a great night life.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:29 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,051,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
I would think Miami, Atlanta, and New Orleans would be the top three.

I think you could make an argument for Nashville. I've heard the underground music scene in Nashville is insane. You can pay $5 for some of the famous and historic music venues in the country to see some ridiculously good musicians who had moved to Nashville to try and make it big. If you like live music and don't want to pay a lot at the door, Nashville has a great night life.
That is correct. As far as music lovers go, Nashville can't be beat. As far as just all around nightlife (resturants, clubs, bars, shows, etc), Atlanta and Miami are pretty hard to beat with Miami probably slightly edging out Atlanta.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
That is correct. As far as music lovers go, Nashville can't be beat. As far as just all around nightlife (resturants, clubs, bars, shows, etc), Atlanta and Miami are pretty hard to beat with Miami probably slightly edging out Atlanta.
I would still put New Orleans in the mix. If you haven't figured it out already, I am a music lover, and New Orleans night life is more appealing to me than Atlanta or Miami. And in restaurants, I think New Orleans can give Atlanta and Miami a run for their money.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,774,892 times
I'm thinking Miami/South Beach would probably take this one. Other cities like NOLA, Nashville, Austin, etc. make for good contenders as well.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I'm thinking Miami/South Beach would probably take this one. Other cities like NOLA, Nashville, Austin, etc. make for good contenders as well.
Austin isn't in the Southeast. Otherwise, it would be #1 IMO.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:07 AM

2,831 posts, read 4,557,147 times
^Austin is not in the SE but it depends on what you like
Depends on what you like:

Atlanta: Hip Hop nightlife is almost impossible to beat
Miami: More diversed nightlife
Nashville: Country music nightlife is almost impossible to beat
NOLA: Obvious reasons

Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 AM

6,186 posts, read 11,790,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlock2513 View Post

Actually, a lot of the nightlife in Atlanta is not necessarily hip-hop, despite what many might think. A lot of the popular clubs, especially in Midtown or Buckhead, play mostly house/techno/trance. Club 112 was a popular hip-hop club that closed. A lot of the clubs the DJ mixes it up, or have different types of music in different rooms. Also, Little Five Points is an alternative scene.

Overall, before the old Buckhead Village shut down, Atlanta could compete with Miami and New Orleans. Now, it's a different story. Midtown Atlanta has recently become the spot for nightlife, more than Buckhead.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:30 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,774,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Austin isn't in the Southeast.
You're right. I'm pretty much equating "South" and "Southeast" here, since it's done so often.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlock2513 View Post

I keep hearing there's more to Nashville's music scene than country. I think you would find that more in the underground than main stream though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City