Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dallas Versus Philadelphia: Which City Is More Important? Which City Would You Prefer To Live In?
DALLAS 143 33.89%
PHILADELPHIA 239 56.64%
TOO CLOSE TO CALL 11 2.61%
DON'T KNOW 4 0.95%
DON'T CARE 25 5.92%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:00 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,896 times

Advertisements

Just keep in mind if you move to Dallas you have to deal with all the Cowboy fans running their mouths all the time even tho their team never gets past the 1st round of the playoffs. On the positive side, Philly has great history, beautiful buildings and parks, amazing food, Phillies baseball, Eagles football, and Flyers hockey. But on the negative side, we have high taxes, Sixers basketball, and crappy weather. I have never been to Dallas, i'm sure its probably a nice place even tho their football team is irritating because they have 5 more Super Bowl rings than my team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Just keep in mind if you move to Dallas you have to deal with all the Cowboy fans running their mouths all the time even tho their team never gets past the 1st round of the playoffs. On the positive side, Philly has great history, beautiful buildings and parks, amazing food, Phillies baseball, Eagles football, and Flyers hockey. But on the negative side, we have high taxes, Sixers basketball, and crappy weather. I have never been to Dallas, i'm sure its probably a nice place even tho their football team is irritating because they have 5 more Super Bowl rings than my team.
Haha, even though Im a Cowboys fan myself, I agree it can get intense at times!

Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
You must have a hard time understanding things becuase it is clearly obvious that you were not listening to what I said! But then again you are from Texas so I guess I shouldn't have expected that much.
I grew up in LA, but I live here now so I consider myself an honorary Texan. Especially since my parents are from here.

You seem to be more intersted in acting like a child than having a discussion. You throw out more insults than facts. You show nothing to back it up. If Ocean and Atlantic Counties arent in the CSA, then there should be no reason for you to consider putting them in there? Do you just pick and choose which counties you want to suit your arguement? Why not throw Pittsburgh in there? They are in the same state after all.

I can understand wanting to take CSA over MSA measurements, but if those places arent in the CSA, they are irrelevant period.

Show me data that Ocean and Atlantic counties are apart of the same MSA or CSA. Put up or shut up.

Funny thing is as of the last census Ocean county was apart of the NYC metropolitan area.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,013,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10
http://www.mdp.state.md.us/msdc/Stat..._Estimates.pdf

According to this data, its at 6.4 million. Even through its from 2008, given its growth rate, theres no way that its at 7 million.

Perhaps its you that should do your homework.

Quote:
You must have a hard time understanding things becuase it is clearly obvious that you were not listening to what I said! But then again you are from Texas so I guess I shouldn't have expected that much.
People from Texas on CD are all like this.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:40 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
^^^ Was that necessary? Are we all adults here?

Quote:
Could you show us a link where Philly's metro population is at 7 million? Thanks.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:56 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
^^^ Was that necessary? Are we all adults here?

Could you show us a link where Philly's metro population is at 7 million? Thanks.
You know how it is, and the beat goes on

Old 12-07-2009, 10:45 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,047 times
Quote:
It is really very simple. Provide a link - one link - backing your statistics. If you don´t, well, then you have none. You are lying.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:49 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
It is really very simple. Provide a link - one link - backing your statistics. If you don´t, well, then you have none. You are lying.
I'm afraid if I do provide a link someone might try take it off like the other link I posted on another Thread!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 AM

2,023 posts, read 4,187,100 times
Quote:
I'm afraid if I do provide a link someone might try take it off like the other link I posted on another Thread!
You mean someone like the Moderator? You and the Moderator is the only people who can remove links from your post. The only thing we can do is report you for trolling, hijacking, or getting off topic, which your not doing any of those things so why would we? That's a lame excuse and I think your just making crap up because you don't have a link.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:53 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Haha, even though Im a Cowboys fan myself, I agree it can get intense at times!
The worst thing about being an Eagles fan is that every time you talk trash on another team they can always give you the old How Many Super Bowl Rings Does Your Team Have line. That's why i can never rip on another team for very long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City