Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose 1 between Seattle/Atlanta; 1 between Bellevue/Buckhead
Seattle 54 71.05%
Atlanta 21 27.63%
Bellevue 30 39.47%
Buckhead 27 35.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:34 PM

331 posts, read 672,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Oh yeah, I guess you conveniently forgot how you questioned my intelligence...that's where the capitalization comment came from. I love a selective memory.

I never questioned your opinions. I originally questioned your statement about spacing between buildings in Atlanta - THAT'S THE EXTENT OF IT. You have blown it into something else. Skylines have nothing to do with population density - they are about building density...totally separate topics. I tried to keep the discussion civil, but you proceeded to act as if I'm learning disabled. Don't expect to come at someone in that manner and not get a less than friendly response.
"Skylines have nothing to do with population density"? I beg to differ. Manhattan proves this point beyond reason, as does Chicago, Philly and many others. A lot of building's in those cities I just listed, are residential condo or apt buildings. And they do 'effect' the skyline, cause they're large, and sometimes very appealing, and add dramatically to the skyline!

You think Trump's building's in NYC or Chicago doesn't add to their "skyline's?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 PM

217 posts, read 561,643 times
oy- deacon says:
"Skylines have nothing to do with population"
what?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwanderer View Post
"Skylines have nothing to do with population density"? I beg to differ. Manhattan proves this point beyond reason, as does Chicago, Philly and many others. A lot of building's in those cities I just listed, are residential condo or apt buildings. And they do 'effect' the skyline, cause they're large, and sometimes very appealing, and add dramatically to the skyline!

You think Trump's building's in NYC or Chicago doesn't add to their "skyline's?
Highrise condo and apartment buildings obviously add to the overall population density of a city. But population density and building density are two separate subjects. One does not depend on the other.

You are simply arguing just to argue. What is your point? Atlanta and Seattle, like many other U.S. cities, have tons of residential towers.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhead View Post
oy- deacon says:
"Skylines have nothing to do with population"
what?
Yes, skylines have nothing to do with population. What don't you understand about that statement? There aren't any large words involved.

A city can easily have a large skyline with a small population (Miami) or a small skyline with a large population (San Jose). Does that help?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Highrise condo and apartment buildings obviously add to the overall population density of a city. But population density and building density are two separate subjects. One does not depend on the other.

You are simply arguing just to argue. What is your point? Atlanta and Seattle, like many other U.S. cities, have tons of residential towers.
Atlanta has "tons of residential towers"? Really? I know NYC and Chicago can claim this, but Atlanta?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwanderer View Post
Atlanta has "tons of residential towers"? Really? I know NYC and Chicago can claim this, but Atlanta?
Yes...but I'm not here to prove anything to someone who constantly questions everything I post. Find out for yourself if you don't know.

I actually said Seattle and Atlanta have tons of residential towers...but you only question the Atlanta part. For the record, I never said either city had more than NYC or Chicago - those cities were never mentioned by me.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:02 PM

217 posts, read 561,643 times
Quote:
Yes, skylines have nothing to do with population. What don't you understand about that statement? There aren't any large words involved.

A city can easily have a large skyline with a small population (Miami) or a small skyline with a large population (San Jose). Does that help?
ha ha ha.

come visit me in seattle-
i'll show you what i'm talking about.
honest.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhead View Post
ha ha ha.

come visit me in seattle-
i'll show you what i'm talking about.
honest.
Thank you, no. I've traveled all over the world...lived in Europe for a year and taught school there. I don't need an education from you.

I gave you two solid examples of how skylines do not depend on population. No comment on that?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:

Correction, skylines don't have anything to do with population when you're talking about "SPRAWLED" cities (Atlanta). Phoenix proves this point also......

Miami's skyline is made up with a majority of residential condos. Miami is very unique in this sense. The people who 'snow bird' there is a big reason for this. Condos are much safer and easier to leave empty for months at a clip compared with a single family or townhouse.

Last edited by worldwanderer; 11-18-2009 at 10:22 PM..

Old 11-18-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Thank you, no. I've traveled all over the world...lived in Europe for a year and taught school there. I don't need an education from you.

I gave you two solid examples of how skylines do not depend on population. No comment on that?
Sorry, but your so-called theory has been 'disproven'..... (again)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City