Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is more gay-friendly?
Chicago 82 56.16%
Atlanta 64 43.84%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:36 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshface View Post
If sheer numbers determined a "mecca" then NYC would be the black mecca instead of DC or ATL since it has more black by sheer numbers despite the fact that it also has 3x as many people as both cities and would need to or at least should have more thing related to that based on the higher population. We both know that is just bad analysis. This argument is silly.

Well I'm terribly sorry that I'm so silly. Carry on.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:36 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,381,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Jeez, people need to take a pill and calm down

I wasn't even slamming Atlanta, I was mostly just stating how Chicago might not be a screaming mecca for gays, but it's certainly right up there. Your comments were about % of gay people in the central city, mine were other aspects. I wasn't saying you were WRONG. I'm not in DENIAL.

More often than not you tend to find gay people who are out and social living fairly close to other gay people in certain areas of a city ( of course not everyone, but generally). That's the only reason I stated Chicago had a higher sheer number of gay people. It has almost three times as many as Atlanta, and a lot of those live within a relative distance of boystown in Chicago, and a lot of those people go out. With that higher sheer number, there are more bars, shopping areas, events, it can support a larger community center, theatres, groups, newspapers, etc.

I wasn't saying Atlanta wasn't a gay mecca, just that Chicago tends to be overlooked in that area compared to other cities. When I talk to out of town people visiting, they're almost always surprised and impressed with the neighborhood and the thriving gay scene. Be it bar, sports or otherwise.

This thread has gotten wayyyyy too hostile and confrontational. It's just a discussion. Lots of people are acting like they're on trial or it's some huge conspiracy.
The reason I stopped posting to this discussion is that the level of hysteria of some Atlanta posters was too much grieve to be worth it. Even when I agree with some of them, they still blindly attack claiming that I am "provincial." So I ask them to point out where I am wrong. They can't This thread doesn't speak well for some Atlanta posters even when they may, in-fact, be right.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:11 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,354,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The reason I stopped posting to this discussion is that the level of hysteria of some Atlanta posters was too much grieve to be worth it. Even when I agree with some of them, they still blindly attack claiming that I am "provincial." So I ask them to point out where I am wrong. They can't This thread doesn't speak well for some Atlanta posters even when they may, in-fact, be right.
I take it you somehow missed post #217?

Old 05-21-2010, 11:33 AM

1,126 posts, read 4,561,186 times
You queens need to stop bitchin. This is worse than a Madonna vs Cher gay diva battle. Both cities are the premier gay cities in their respective regions of the country. leave it at that.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:03 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
From what I've seen in this thread, there has been provocation and semi-hysteria on both sides of the issue, so it certainly isn't fair to pin it all on "some Atlanta posters". The entire thread is a moot point anyway...there is no way to come to any real conclusion other than both cities are way-gay.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:18 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,031,388 times
Post number 227 is probably the reason this thread gets shut down.

AtlantaGreg already gave a warning, especially about language.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:06 PM

170 posts, read 391,258 times
chicago may be more gay friendly for white people...but definetly not black

Rod 2.0:Beta: 6 Gay Black Men Shot at Chicago New Year's Party

Quote:
Six men are wounded, two critically, after masked gunmen burst into a home on Chicago's South Side and opened fire. The apartment was rented by two black gay men who were hosting a party on Saturday night. Overnight, one party goer text messaged Rod 2.0 and confirmed all victims were black gay men. At least one was from out of town, possibly Atlanta.(lol)

Neighbors say the apartment frequently hosted loud parties throughout the week and almost every weekend and referred to the building as the "Gay House," adding that police officers were called several times to respond to noise and fights. Sources told Rod 2.0 that some visitors were involved in Chicago's ballroom community.

One young man told a television reporter that he and his friends resented the flamboyant mannerisms and conversations by some visitors to the apartment. "This is a normal neighborhood," the young man told CLTV News."It was a matter of time before something like this happened."(lol)

Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshface View Post
Congrats someone managed to find one article stating that Chicago was gay friendly from 2004. I guess this means that Chicago beats ATL despite a 12% LGBT population.
1. You have three posts, and only in this thread.

2. "Managed?" it was right there.

3. There are more Blacks in Gary than my town, it doesn't mean that Gary is a better place to be Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMEN VII View Post
chicago may be more gay friendly for white people...but definetly not black

Rod 2.0:Beta: 6 Gay Black Men Shot at Chicago New Year's Party
One case doesn't prove anything. And you adding "lol" after parts from the link you quoted was horrible.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:43 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,031,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
1. You have three posts, and only in this thread.

2. "Managed?" it was right there.

3. There are more Blacks in Gary than my town, it doesn't mean that Gary is a better place to be Black.

One case doesn't prove anything. And you adding "lol" after parts from the link you quoted was horrible.
It's just Dementor doing what he does on an hourly basis.

Yeah, Gary if I believe correctly has the largest presence of African American people in the Chicago area.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:09 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
You all were warned. Romper Room is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City